SOS² Reptile Expo 1 & 2 May 2010

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

Re: SOS² Reptile Expo 1 & 2 May 2010

Postby Snakes4Africa » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:42 am

With no disrespect meant to either uncutdiamond or herpetologist, firstly, I don't know how anybody interested in reptiles missed the expo... It was well advertised in the papers, local magazine magazine and online. There was a large attendance by the general public, who do not even like snakes, but just wanted to see what the fuss was about!
Secondly, why would one try do rush to put together an expo before the end of the year when there is very little live-stock born by then and there are at least two regular shows held at the same time and place every year. It is not as easy to put a decent expo together as one would think... I know, i am trying to put one together in Durban at the moment.
Insufficient advertising leads to no exhibitors, or disgruntled exhibitors and no public interest. The expos currently on the go are world-class... why put together a slap-dash expo just because a few people think it would be a good idea?
Those who have made no mistakes have learned nothing and can teach nothing.
The same is true of those who continue to make the same mistakes.

Pain is temporary
Snakes4Africa
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Silvrav » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:50 am

Hi

I am based in East London, and dont think the reptile exposure here is as big as it is in Guateng. Therefore, I would rather attend the one's up in JHB.

BV, I have heard quite a bit about the Emporor's Palace expo, and it seems to be a well orginised, well planned expo every year.
Carpet Python - Morelia spilota cheynei
Silvrav
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:17 am

Silvrav wrote:BV, I have heard quite a bit about the Emporor's Palace expo, and it seems to be a well orginised, well planned expo every year.

You have to thank Bushbaby for that. Like Snakes4Africa says it is not easy to organise a classy event.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby mgiddings » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:29 am

Well said Snakes4Africa.
"Well, if you spend enough time in the field you will spot special things"-Tony Phelps
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wolf777 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Still need to make it to the SOS expo (would like to meet some of you guys) but I did know about it. It is no small task to organise an expo, advertising and preperations start months ahead of time, thats why it is the top reptile related expo in Africa.
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jaco Smit » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:14 pm

I only realized that I have not posted the Videos here.
Please like it or dislike it so I know what you think.

Part I

Part II

Thank you all
Happy Herping.
Jaco Smit
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities