World of cats and dogs pet expo

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

World of cats and dogs pet expo

Postby angeleyez » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Who in Cape town is going to the expo next weekend? I cant wait, it would be the closest we in the Western Cape will get to a reptile expo I think. Have read there will be snakes, geckos, chameleons and iguanas.
angeleyez
SA Reptiles Member

Re: World of cats and dogs pet expo

Postby TonyK » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Iguanas in the Western Cape ,hmm we will wait and see.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby shamroth » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Not sure about the iguana's but I know Bjorn is going to have some reptiles there.
shamroth
SA Reptiles Member

Postby angeleyez » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:15 pm

I also want to see the iguana part. Have a look in the Tyger burger. Its all in there like I mentioned it in my first post
angeleyez
SA Reptiles Member

Postby scales4life » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Make sure you check it out, Bjorn should have some pretty cool stuff on display!
scales4life
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:12 am

I was just looking at the promo seems no cameras will be permited .Why would they ban cameras?
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:54 pm

I was just down there, what a waste of time ,the only reptiles are the ones from the Klienplasie Snake park.No reptiles for sale.Mostly just a expo for the dog and cat lovers.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby angeleyez » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Ag no and I was so looking forward to it. :( One would have thought some reptile pet shops and private breeders would have taken part.
angeleyez
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bjorn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi,

Just to clear up some confusion here. There are no iguanas or other black listed reptiles as Cape Nature wont allow us to show them as that would promote them as pets. I was called in to represent the reptile community and give people advise on keeping reptiles as pets. No snakes are allowed to be sold at the expo. It's all about finding the right pet for you, be it dog,cat etc. It is a Dog and cat expo and not a reptile expo!

I am promoting my park and trying to get awareness out there about the reptile trade. I think I am displaying plenty enough reptiles from Black Mamba to Albino Ball python so pop in and say hi.
Regards
Bjorn
Reptilia Traders cc
http://www.reptiliatraders.co.za
Bjorn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:25 pm

@ Bjorn did you see the ads,they had Bearded dragons and Tarantulas in the promo pics.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bjorn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 am

Tony your are right there and we did have the odd disappointed person. The marketing people didn't know that the Cape is so different and stuck with there marketing tools from previous expos. They will get it right next year but then I will take some t's. Just that I will have to make the area as black listed in CT or something. Cape Nature wouldn't want people to think they can keep them as pats in the WC. I had so many people telling me they had Beardies or know people with them, not knowing they are illegal. It's a mes this side. One lady even told me someone had it on permit so I am guessing that someone is making fake permits. They should just be permitted for the benefit of the animals and the control.
Regards
Bjorn
Reptilia Traders cc
Bjorn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 am

Bjorn you have hit the nail on the head. I have told the officials there that if they issue permits they will know how many of these there are in the province and where. With the current system they have no idea of numbers or locations. I did ask them if they had ever wondered why beardy pellets sold so well in Cape Town. They did admit they knew of illegal animals being kept but had no idea where or how many.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Bjorn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Yip, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more people keeping Bearded Drogons than snakes in CT!
Regards
Bjorn
Reptilia Traders cc
Bjorn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Bjorn I heard that some of my moms lady friends were more impressed by you than the reptiles.Sounds like the rat fanatics were not that impressed though.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bjorn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:04 pm

haha ok then. Yip we had one of the rat ladies come and tell us she is worried that the snakes might bite people and then we will blame her because they [people smell like rats. LOL. The worst we had was a guy that got crapped on. LOL Funny thing is that he was super nerves!
Regards
Bjorn
Reptilia Traders cc
Bjorn
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities