Beardies invasive!?!

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

Re: Beardies invasive!?!

Postby Ales » Sun May 01, 2011 1:52 pm

My maids husband,which is a landscaper,found an adult beardie running around a garden he was working in.
He asked all the neighbors but it didn't belong to anyone,so he brought it home for me :D

My beardies live almost year round in an outdoor aviary so they could live in the wild.If agamas can,why not beardies.
What a world....
Ales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby chamcode » Sun May 01, 2011 2:38 pm

@BV - Amen!
chamcode
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Mon May 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Chameleon Company wrote:I had a friend that released a bunch of bearded dragon juveniles in Northern Johannesburg. Some beardies have been spotted in the wild but this should be viewed with caution as we have indigenous agamid sp. that can be mistaken as beardies to the untrained eye.

Please why is it always "a friend" .We are not all children on this site ,do not insult us with lies .
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ales » Mon May 02, 2011 2:22 pm

TonyK wrote:
Chameleon Company wrote:I had a friend that released a bunch of bearded dragon juveniles in Northern Johannesburg. Some beardies have been spotted in the wild but this should be viewed with caution as we have indigenous agamid sp. that can be mistaken as beardies to the untrained eye.

Please why is it always "a friend" .We are not all children on this site ,do not insult us with lies .

? :-?
What a world....
Ales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chameleon Company » Tue May 03, 2011 12:52 pm

TonyK SOD OFF MATE!

Now you sound like the child, this isnt an American forum where you can just jump to conclusions!

I dont even keep dragons and i surely wouldnt be stupid enough to let them go............
2:2 Pseudaspis cana
1:2 Dasypeltis scabra

And yes they are all on permit.
Chameleon Company
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities