Permit Times

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

Permit Times

Postby Psychogav » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:14 pm

Once again I would like to send a snake from JHB to the Cape, but everytime I do it the export permit takes between 15 and 22 days. Anyone who has ever waited to receive a snake knows this is far tooooo long (The anticipation could kill a person) Does anyone know how I can speed up this process?
Psychogav
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Permit Times

Postby putridity » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:30 pm

I know that with the transport permits there is a express side you can choose.

It is abit more pricey but its worth it.
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die Today"
putridity
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:40 am

Express is only for Western- and maybe Eastern Cape people. It is double price and takes 3 days instead of 10 -15. You will have to wait for them in Gauteng.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby boing » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:35 am

Eastern Cape permits don't cost anything. We get transport permits quite quickly (I can get it within one day if needed) but housing permits can take quite a while...
There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ~ Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
boing
SA Reptiles Member

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Waiting for import permits from Northern Cape and after several enquiries North Western cape still have not come back to me about an export permit. So I'm also still waiting :(
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:54 pm

boing wrote:Eastern Cape permits don't cost anything. We get transport permits quite quickly (I can get it within one day if needed) but housing permits can take quite a while...

How much do you pay for the housing permit?
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby michael » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:34 pm

There is currently no cost for permits in the Eastern Cape.
Michael Burmeister
Psalm 115 v 1
michael
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Bushviper » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:45 am

I remember in times gone by there was a permit office for "Transvaal". They covered all the lodges, game farms, bird, cycad and reptile keepers and all the zoos for the entire province (and parts of Namibia). There were 5 people working there. They issued CITES permits as well as normal permits. It cost nothing and you could get permits within a day.

Now they have many more permit officers, no hunting in Gauteng to speak of, very few lodges and zoos and it still takes 6 weeks for a permit which costs you a whole bunch of money. Somewhere effectiveness took a dive!
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities