Westrand Herpetological association - July

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

Westrand Herpetological association - July

Postby Cornelius » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Good day

It is time once again for the monthly West Rand Herpetological association meeting
Date: 01/07/2011
Time: 19H15
Venue: Heia Safari Lodge

Topic: This month we will be visited by Wendy Wilson from the NSPCA, she does the following

 She works for the NSPCA as a National Inspector for the Wildlife Unit.
 She is responsible for the welfare of the animals that are transported (imported and exported) at the airports.
 She also oversees the skills of the persons handling the parcels / containers at the airports.

Her talk will be to provide / guide us with the correct information as to when we "ship" snakes around via airports as well as the illegal smuggling they come across at the airports.
This will be a good one for everyone who ever had questions or doubts concerning this topic.
Please be so kind as to confirm your attendance.

As per usual food and drink will be available on the night in support of Heia Safari

Bring along a friend

Best regards,
Cornelius Viljoen
Telephone: +27 11 661 9778
Cellphone: +27 (0)76 412 3423
There is something that is much more scarce, something finer by far , something rarer than ability.
It is the Ability to recognise Ability

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804?v=photos#!/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804
Cornelius
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Westrand Herpetological association - July

Postby Pelamis » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi Corne

Yes, I will be there!! Thanks for the invitation.

I agree with you that this will be a good one. Knowledge is power and to know what is expected of you when you send a snake via air to someone else, will be of benefit to you, the animal and the health of the animal.

With the next breeding season almost upon us, let us all make use of this opportunity to gain the knowledge and information we require, to do it correct - first time!! This will ensure that the animals that we care for so much, will fly and be treated as a VIP.

I hope to see a huge crowd on 1 July 2011!!
Pelamis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby The Animal » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:02 pm

I will make every effort to attend.

TH
SN²itch - Say NO to irresponsible Tarantula crossbreeding & Hybrids
The Animal
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cornelius » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:21 am

Hi guys

We have been running a news letter for the last 2 months or so, if you would like to receive a copy by mail please email me your details and I will forward accordingly

Regards
Cornelius
corneliusv@scania.co.za
There is something that is much more scarce, something finer by far , something rarer than ability.
It is the Ability to recognise Ability

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804?v=photos#!/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804
Cornelius
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Colinh » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:34 am

Sorry guys i would have loved to be there but will only be back from Ctown late that evening
Colinh
SA Reptiles Member

Postby bubblesharp » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:03 am

Last week wit the THA meeting I was stuck in JHB with work, this Friday I'm stuck in PTA with family, my mothers B-day! Why oh why can I not just make these meetings! I need another job!!!
Eben Brits
Cell 071 603 6596
BBM 27E1FDF4
bubblesharp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Pelamis » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:53 am

bubblesharp wrote:Last week wit the THA meeting I was stuck in JHB with work, this Friday I'm stuck in PTA with family, my mothers B-day! Why oh why can I not just make these meetings! I need another job!!!

No problem Bubblesharp!! Maybe next time... I am sure that in August there will be another meeting :)
Pelamis
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities