Coming soon..... Xmas Reptile Expo 2011

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

Re: Coming soon..... Xmas Reptile Expo 2011

Postby Durban Keeper » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks JP for an epic braai, people really just let their guard down and it was such a jol. Got to meet some special people for the 1st time. Was great.

Arno & Heidi and all who exhibited, job well done. I also got some really cool things at the expo and enjoyed both days of it. Thanks for putting Durban on the map as far as expo's go.

Dean
Life is but a dream for the dead.
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob Macmillan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:44 pm

This was an awesome 3days! The ARK braai on friday was a blast and its always good to see the folk from Jozi coming to Durbs by the sea. Arno, Heidi and to all those who assisted and displayed at the expo, THANK YOU!!! Your efforts are greatly appreciated and we look forward to another expo in Durban. The exhibits where all good and its always great to see peoples efforts being appreciated. My newly aquired treasure is loving life in its enclosure and im glad to report it drop 2 rat pinks this evening. Thanks once again everyone!
Rob Macmillan
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jason&Sam » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 am

Guys we had SUCH an awesome time all the way from friday through to yesterday!

Thank you so much to Heidi and Arno and everyone else who was involved in arranging the show, we really appreciate it. Of course we, I mean Jason, spent some of our money on a beautiful leopard gecko from Ralph, thanks Ralph. We got a lovely painting from Ferdo for our new house as well...

It was so great meeting so many new people, and we had so much fun on our stand too! Very cool!

Cant wait for the next one!
Jason&Sam
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandslf » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:13 am

I am extremely glad to hear of the fun and the good time everyone had over the last 3 days.
My 3 days were a nightmare which combined elements of House Moving with Plumbing.
A word of warning to you aspirant home repairers, plumbers, electricians etc out there. Do not try to save a buck or two, get the professionals in.
I tried to change the taps on a bathroom wash handbasin and only succeeded in snapping the basin in two pieces, extra cost involved, in the governments bad books, and a whole weekend of fitting a new basin, tiling, plumbing etc.

With all of the above said, please accept my apologies for being a no show over this past weekend.
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby imperial exotix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm

I would also like to thank Heidi and Arno for hosting such an awsome expo. I had a bunch of fun meeting new people and learning new things. I have also picked up a new baby leo from J.P wich acoriding to Arno it looks very much like a hypo so fingers crossed! It was a fun weekend helping out at the expo and look forward to the next.

Sorry to hear that Roland, thats money you could of spent on new animals.

Thanks allot for all the help and look forward to seeing all you guys again.
Aadil.
imperial exotix
SA Reptiles Member

Postby monopeltis » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Someone post photos!
monopeltis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby imperial exotix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:44 pm

This is my leopard gecko, the pics were by Rishaad while at the expo.
macro shot.jpg

@ monopeltis: I'm not to sure who has pics of the expo but I did see someone taking pictures at the expo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
imperial exotix
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jason&Sam » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:20 am

Rob was showing off his camera a bit at the show, and I am sure he must have got some pics in from there - maybe he would show us his skill and share a few :D

I am pretty sure he was also throwing his lens around a bit at the braai... he may have even got one of Antionette taking an unintended swim :smt005 ?

Rob?

:D
Jason&Sam
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:52 am

Unfortunately I was unable to attend the braai on Friday due to "Daddy commitments" but I believe it was a huge success.

Once again huge thanks to Arno, Heidi, the exhibitors and everyone involved in putting the expo together. I had a lot of fun especially seeing most of you after a long time and also meeting some new people.

I know that a better turnout was expected but I am sure that with a better venue for the next Durban expo more feet will come through the doors. It is a real pity that Gateway management behaved like real *********** and did not allow posters to be put up in the mall or the car park and also did not allow flyers to be handed out in the mall. They even blocked off the entrance to the expo at one point due to a concert that was taking place nearby and were actually turning away people who wanted get into the expo. I worked at that mall for a few years and I know they are very finicky like that and got into many an argument with the management as well.

Despite all this everyone seemed to have a good weekend with lots and lots of laughter, something we are never short off when us reptile folk get together. Here are a few photo's that I managed to snap, unfortunately I did not have much time to take photos of the animals at the stalls :(

I couldn't go home empty handed from an expo again and I just couldn't resist this girl (My first Leopard gecko).
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities