Western Cape Association (Reptile Club)

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

Re: Western Cape Association (Reptile Club)

Postby Fugly » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:43 pm

We will work on a venue and will let you all know ASAP!
I am just waiting on a response from Cape Nature. I agree that we need a close working relationship with them.
Every time (almost on a weekly base) when I call them they are more then willing to assist with anything from the
smallest of questions, so the should not be any problems if we do it right from the start.
Fugly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Loslappie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 am

Ive also received some communication regarding the Association or interest group, which I agree is needed in the Western cape.
Below is the initial E mail from Mr Stuart Gordon, and the subsequent responses confirming venue and then the cancellation thereof.

Pity, as I was very keen to go.

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:21:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: <Invalid address>
ReplyTo: Shaun MacLeod <macadderbite@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Meeting - Association / Interest Group

Hi All
I have had a number of requests asking for a new date due to many not being available for a meeting for Friday 30th September. It has been decided to put the meeting on hold till a consensus can be reached.
Please let me know when you can make yourself available so I can book the venue again.
Kind Regards
Shaun
082 532 5033

To:
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 10:30 PM
Subject: Meeting - Association / Interest Group

Hi All
I have managed to secure a venue for our meeting regards a new W/Cape Association or Interest Group this coming Friday 30th September 2011 at 19h00.
The venue is at the Girl Guides hall Central Square Road, Central Square next to Saint Stephens Church Pinelands. (Central Square leads off Stephens Rd which in turn leads of Forrest Drive.)
Please verify if you will be making yourself available for this meeting.
Friendly Greetings
Shaun MacLeod
082-532 5033
MacAdderbite@yahoo.com

Why do we have to fight our own government to save the environment?
-------------------------------------------------xxxx-------------------------------------------------

Why do we have to fight our own government to save the environment?

Hello friends and fellow herpers.

The Provincial Department responsible for Conservation Management for the Western Cape, are about to release a new Provincial draft Bill. This new proposed CapeNature Draft Ordinance will without doubt, be a negative effect on all involved with herpetoculture in the W/Cape.

It has become imperative that all interested, concerned and affected individuals take the time to arrange a public meeting. This so we can conclude a formal collision or organization of like minded individuals.

Without a recognised Association or Interest Group we will be disadvantaged and deprived of influencing an acceptable agreement in our favour.
If you are willing to consider attending a meeting for the purpose of creating a representative association, please be kind enough to return this communication with your contact details and interest.
We will then research a suitable venue to be forward to you with a date and time.
Please forward this invitation on to anyone considered to be interested.

Friendly Regards

Stuart Gordon
079-827 6762
wildnature@live.co.za
"Ten people, who speak out together as one, make more noise than ten thousand who are silent." - Napoleon Bonaparte
If it hasnt yet, it will!
Loslappie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Nzyme » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Has anybody received any new Information regarding this initiative.
1.0.0 Mojave
0.1.0 Spider
0.1.0 Pinstripe
1.0.0 Spider Het Axa
0.3.0 Normal
0.1.0 Axanthic
1.0.0 Yellowbelly
1.0.0 Cinnamon
0.1.0 Lemon Pastel
1.0.0 Ghost House snake
0.1.0 Albino House Snake
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa

Nikki du Toit
Nzyme
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Loslappie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:13 am

Nzyme wrote:Has anybody received any new Information regarding this initiative.

Nzyme
I recommended the organisers invite Mr Stuart Gordon via e mail to present his proposals at the Herp Workshop being held in November, and the reaction was... Direct qoute below.. also note how he says he will be sure to nake himself available..if at all possible...
If ever there was a frum to discuss this, that would be the place.. but Mr Stuart Gordon might delegate mr Shaun Macleod to attend on his behalf, however he also did not attend the previous one after the organisers changed the date to accomodate him.

"In response to this rather bizarre attempt to provoke. I will be sure to make myself available to attend this workshop if at all possible.
With respects to Mr. Arendse`s unrefined attempt to dishonor me by not personaly communicating with me before enlisting my services.

The organization who authored this Draft Ordinance document, has found it all but essential to withhold the information in-house till satisfied. Any relevant authorial discussion between the affected, interested parties and the drafter would logically be irrelevant at this time.

Warm Regards

Stuart"

Oh and just so you know what Mr Arendse said to attempt this provocation se beloow for my mail to The organisers, Direct qoute...

Sent: 11 October 2011 07:59
To:
Cc: Stuart Gordon
Subject: RE: Herpetological workshop

"Hope all is well your side?
Thanks once again for arranging the workshop.
I have a request, There is a gentleman Mr Stuart Gordon that is in the process of establishing an interest group or association in order to discuss, and I quote “New Proposed Cape Nature Draft Ordinance Bill”
Can you please extend an invitation to Mr Gordon to possibly present this bill at the workshop? In my opinion it will be an excellent opportunity to get his thoughts and the opinions of the Association he represents.

I have CCed Mr Gordon on this e mail, and inserted his initial e mail that was sent, herein you will find his details."
If it hasnt yet, it will!
Loslappie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snarf » Mon May 28, 2012 5:40 pm

What happened with these discussions? I'll be moving to the western cape in the next few months and would like to know if there is a good "reptile club" to join.
snarf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kfc223 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:07 pm

snarf wrote:What happened with these discussions? I'll be moving to the western cape in the next few months and would like to know if there is a good "reptile club" to join.

No real reptile clubs yet.

And remember that we need permits for Everything here in the Western Cape!
kfc223
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snarf » Tue May 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanx kfc, I'll be knocking on your door for help, if you don't mind. Seeing as I'll be your "next door neighbour", I'm moving to the Groot brak rivier area.
snarf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kfc223 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:59 pm

snarf wrote:Thanx kfc, I'll be knocking on your door for help, if you don't mind. Seeing as I'll be your "next door neighbour", I'm moving to the Groot brak rivier area.

Awesome man.

Thats only like 15km away.

Just pm me if you need any help.
kfc223
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jane » Tue May 29, 2012 8:16 pm

loslappie, maak plan asb
Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.
Jane
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities