THA meeting for October

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

THA meeting for October

Postby Bushviper » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:46 am

This month we are going to have a talk by Daan about his experiences breeding reptiles in the Netherlands.
This is also include tortoises and Baja Blue Rock Lizards which are possibly my favourite lizard.
It will be interesting to see how it is done in other countries.

Everybody welcome.

Date: 26th October 2012
Time: 7:30pm for 8:00pm
Venue: Transvaal Museum, Cnr Minnaar & Paul Kruger Streets (entrance in Minnaar), Pretoria.
Cover charge : Free for members, R20 for non members

If you get stuck or cannot find the venue just call 0837399303 and we will guide you there.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Re: THA meeting for October

Postby SABOAMAN » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:03 am

Thanks to Daan for the very interesting talk on his keeping and breading tortoises and lizards. Your enclosure pictures was a nice show of how the European style of herpetology works
Rudolf Booyens
SABOAMAN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Colinh » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:22 am

Arno and Heidi thank you very much for arrangin this. It is very interessting to see how they do it in Europe. It would be nice to have a talk on how we can do it in a similar fashion in SA. My concern would be that the greenhouse would be too warm for the reptiles and not allow them to thermo regulate.
Colinh
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Colin I think where we are the greenhouse would only work for seriously tropical species but would get too cold at night. Very interesting to see the species Daan was working on. The newts were very nice. Pity everything seems to be protected or outlawed. I guess the world over, herpers have the same problems.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Colinh » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Yes it was actually funny to hear that they even have reptiles confiscated and that they have quite strict regulations on keeping reptiles. I would love to have the Newts in my collection but again their climate allows him to have them in the garden. Here we will have a full time job keeping all the neighbours cats out of your pond. Looking forward to next meeting my Gaboon against yours :) in the beauty pagent.
Colinh
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities