My frilly is very sick

With Reptiles sometimes time is of the essence when it comes to their health. You can post your health related questions and answers here.

Re: My frilly is very sick

Postby Marion » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:55 am

I wish I could get my hands on the breeder - he's not answering my calls or emails!! I think he knew the frilly was sick.

For Jason and Sam - a reptile vet can have a quick look to see what sex your frilly is - mine just moved the skin above the hemipenes and gently pressed with his thumb and out popped the two hemepines. Took all of 10 seconds, so if you take your unsexed baby to a proper reptile vet he can have a look without doing a DNA test.

I have not seen a female to compare mine to but I am told they look quite different as adults. The female has a much smaller frill and rounder nose, so if yours are obviously different, you may be lucky and have a perfect pair.

I'm not giving up on mine - I'm going to visit him this afternoon and have a long chat with the vet and perhaps I may feel a bit more hopeful about the situation.

My big beardie mom laid 28 eggs yesterday. So I now have about 45 eggs in the incubator and 17 3 week-old hatchlings as well. So I'm kept pretty busy with all the goings-on at my house!!

Will keep all informed as to how my frilly is progressing.

Thanks so much for all the wishes and positive responses - I really hope my little guy makes it.
Marion
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Reptile Hospital