Heart in pain. Taiwanese ratsnake found dead.

At one stage or the other, we all deal with a death. It is never nice losing a pet and thus, you can share your loss with the rest of us and share your memories so that they will be remembered.

Heart in pain. Taiwanese ratsnake found dead.

Postby LeglessDragon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:36 am

It always makes me feel better (if I am ill or down) to check on my snakes. This morning I found my taiwanese dead :smt022 . I could say that luckly it was not my big male, but she was my first taiwanese.

I feel in love with taiwanese when I first saw a very large taiwane blue beauty. Then I saw the yellows... I was head over heels and begged, pledded and cried until hubby gave in to get me one. Hubby said that he had never seen me that 'desperate' and in love with anything else before. She was a handful though. Nippy and puffing the throat all the time at me. After a while she started to settle and we both got to know each other well. Then I got her the male. He is big, but she was still my favorate. I was also getting a very nice big cage for them both this week or next with a double story so they would have plenty of floor space. I feel so down at the moment that I do not even want to think of how I was going to make plenty of climbing available to her. The male would have just been there for the 'wow look at the size' factor.

I am so down at the moment. I can not even think of doing an autopsy on her to see why she died. Hubby will when we get back from the doctor. Won't be taking pics of this autopsy for you guys to see, sorry. Won't be able to take seeing her cut open and on display. :smt010
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Heart in pain. Tiwane found dead.

Postby Rishaad » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:03 am

Im very sorry about your loss. How old was she?
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Buck Rogers » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:33 am

I'm so sorry to hear that, it's never easy to lose a pet. People often think we nuts when we lose one of our cold blooded friends but they don't understand.

Our thoughts are with you.
Life is a beautiful struggle
Buck Rogers
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Neurotoxic » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 am

Sorry for your loss LD...
Neurotoxic
SA Reptiles Member

Postby 10gbooj » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:38 am

Sorry for your loss, it's never easy to lose something, especially a Tiawan, you become so attached to them. Perhaps getting an autopsy done will tell you if it was a flaw in your husbandry, in that case you will possibly prevent further mishaps.
10gbooj
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wolf777 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:11 am

Sorry for the loss legless, it's never easy to lose a snake especially if you have grown so attached to it, time heals most wounds, it will get better, you just have to hang on.
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:51 am

Rishaad, Not sure of her age. Had her for close to two years. She was just over a meter.
Buck Rogers, Thanks. People can call me as nuts as they want. I will really miss her.
Neurotoxic, Thanks.
10gbooj, Thanks. An autopsy can sometimes speak volumes and sometimes show nothing. I don't think it was my husbandry, but never say never. I would rather be sure. Will let you know. If it was my husbandry then others will be able to learn from my mistake. I hope we will be able to tell and I will let you know.
Wolf, I was very attached to her. Hanging on. I have other legless friends that need me.

Thanks guys.
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Return to RIP