Beardie Suzi passed away...

At one stage or the other, we all deal with a death. It is never nice losing a pet and thus, you can share your loss with the rest of us and share your memories so that they will be remembered.

Beardie Suzi passed away...

Postby TeeJay » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:54 am

My dear Suzi passed away last night...
Before i went out last night, i noticed she had a hump where the tail and back legs come together. First thing i thought was bone desease! But there was only so much i can do last night, so i had her in my hands for about 2 hours trying to give her comfort as deep down i knew she was dying.
She did not have any power to lift even her head up properly, she got these strange pullings if i can call it that and could see she was in pain! After not being able to bear it anymore, i went out...

I got back last night and noticed she was dead... It was really a sad moment! I was really so mad as i feel like this is my fault! I could've took better care than i did i think.
So i took her in my hands, with tears rolling down my face to the yard at the back. Had a tea spoon in my hand and started digging a hole in the ground! I got a nice little carton box and filled it up with KFC paper and put her neatly in there so she could be comfy.

Then i finally burried her... The worst part of it all is... She was only 5 months old :smt022
TeeJay
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Beardie Suzi passed away...

Postby Bushviper » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:54 am

TeeJay what you need to bear in mind is that Berdies lay hundreds of eggs per year and they only expect one to make it to adulthood. Sometimes you can try all you like and the animal still does not make it.

Try to get as much information as possible on beardies and then when you get the next one you will be 100% sure you have given it exactly what it needs. Dont try to skimp on the food, calcium, UV light and controlled heat and you should be fine.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Re: Beardie Suzi passed away...

Postby TeeJay » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:05 am

I used to have a iguana, but this was my first beardie... I did the research, so thought everything should work out fine.
But makes sense what you are saying though.
TeeJay
SA Reptiles Member

Return to RIP