R.I.P Little Devil

At one stage or the other, we all deal with a death. It is never nice losing a pet and thus, you can share your loss with the rest of us and share your memories so that they will be remembered.

R.I.P Little Devil

Postby bitis87 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Today i look in my Cerastes cerastes cage and saw that the big boy is eating my little darling :smt022
She came in a very bad shape to me was almost 2 years old and have the size of a neonate.
After a long long time probing teasefeeding and everything i decided to force feed her.
And then after a longer time she decides to eat at her own it was like birthday and christmaseve at the same time for me.
I looked in the Cage 5 minutes ago and saw that the big boy is chewing something than i looked closer to the top of his mouth and saw the rest of the tail from my little one.
I was like :smt014 but it was definitively too late to do anything.
Hope she came in the Snake Heaven:p

Regards

Sascha
bitis87
SA Reptiles Member

Re: R.I.P Little Devil

Postby Bushviper » Mon May 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Sascha that is never nice. These snakes also eat lizards and must have just thought she was food. This is why I almost never keep snakes together because almost all species will eat each other at some stage.

Lets hope you find a big girl that he will not be able to eat.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Redmachine » Mon May 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Or a big girl That won't eat him.lol.
Sorry to hear about your loss.It must Be terrible to experience such a thing.
Redmachine
SA Reptiles Member

Postby justinvBreda » Mon May 17, 2010 8:47 pm

I keep Cerastes cerastes myself and when I introduced the male to the female for breeding she burst out the sand and nailed him on the body,
She held on for a bit and decided to let go. I was so worried about the male passing away because of it but luckly he pulled through.
Sorry for your loss!! If I had to lose one of mine I would be extremely disapointed and sad! so I can only imagine what you going through.
justinvBreda
SA Reptiles Member

Postby riderx48 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:30 am

Sorry to hear about this Bitis87.
I have a dream for the future of my snakes and I will do anything to make it possible
riderx48
SA Reptiles Member

Return to RIP