What's happening with selling feeder animals?

Questions and suggestions regarding reptile cuisine.

What's happening with selling feeder animals?

Postby minamoo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:23 pm

The rabbits mauled my gooseberries again. And they're multiplying faster than the retics can eat.

So, a few days ago I tried placing an ad for rabbits on junkmail and gumtree and both ads got declined. One for listing rabbits for less than R100 and one for not giving their date of birth. They ban selling dappled dashunds but not merle great danes. They ban selling tenrecs and tarantulas, and a whole list of other non-illegal things. They ban advertising feeder animals. The whole thing stinks of uneducated folk like BAT and NSPCA.

Then I came across this article, which probably makes matters worse. http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/ ... r-20161221

When did this happen? Did any legalities wrt feeders change? Anyone else have issues?

And anyone needing rabbits? We're in Pretoria.

Apparently snakes don't classify as animals that need care and feeding these days.
minamoo
SA Reptiles Member

Re: What's happening with selling feeder animals?

Postby Superciliaris » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:37 pm

It looks like those in charge are making agendas to suite themselves and not serving the public. AGAIN !!
Life is the greatest adventure imaginable.
Superciliaris
SA Reptiles Member

Re: What's happening with selling feeder animals?

Postby jka » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:42 am

"We have kept all the animals that we could, and as soon as they are in a healthy condition we will put them up for adoption. We would love to find them a home," Cooke said.

Really?

She expressed frustration with the breeding of rodents for reptiles to eat.

"These factories exist because people want to keep reptiles as pets. Reptiles belong in the wild."

Probably the same type of person that would release Burmese pythons in SA Nature Reserves
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists, and what is yet to be born.
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Reptile cuisine