Official Deinagkistrodon acutus of Photothread.

Snakes exotic to South Africa with venoms that are considered to be medically important.

View Gallery

Official Deinagkistrodon acutus of Photothread.

Postby Contortrix » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:08 pm

Post you'r pictures of you'r Deinagkistrodon acutus here in this thread. Here's a bunch of photos of my pair bred in Germany by Ingo Knippchild in 2007.

Cheers, Ronny Levin
Atheist.
Contortrix
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Official Deinagkistrodon acutus of Photothread.

Postby Pythonodipsas » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:07 am

I love Deinagkistrodon, always have! Unfortunately I dont have any so i can't share pics. I am working on getting some nice hypomelanistic ones though, :smt017 so watch this space, maybe.
`
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.
Roger Waters & David Gilmour - 1979
Pythonodipsas
SAReptiles Techie

Postby Alan Hyde » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:13 am

Superb animals Ron', I was tempted to get a pair myself at Houten , but i managed to resist
Alan Hyde
SA Reptiles Member

Postby fredsmith » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:15 pm

Wow, those are some amazing looking snakes!
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein

Fred Smith
fredsmith
SA Reptiles Member

My Deinagkistrodon story

Postby Bob H » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:35 pm

I thought this might be the place to share my Deinagkistrodon account. About 4 yrs ago, I picked up a nice pair of sharp-nosed vipers. The following year they bred and produced a nice clutch of eggs, but the male prolapsed one of his hemipenes (left) and noting I could do (soaking in sugar solutions, hemmorhoidal salves, etc)could get it to go back to normal. Within a couple of days, I was forced to surgically remove it. Hey, he still has one right! Recovery was uneventful and for the last two years he has courted the female for days, but he just must have been left handed (I mean left hemipenised) because both years he was unsuccessful at impregnating the female. Maybe this year???
Bob H
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Exotic highly venomous snakes