Golden Eye lash adult female with cage building progress.

Snakes exotic to South Africa with venoms that are considered to be medically important.

View Gallery

Golden Eye lash adult female with cage building progress.

Postby Saturn » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:20 am

Hey all.

Thought I would share one of my new additions to the family. I have also included the large exo terra I bought and then built up the inside.

These pics are all taken with my cellphone unfortunately. The first and 4th pic, I took prestic and stuck my phone to my snake hook to take a nice steady pic using a timer while resting it on the side of the cage lol
When I get my buddy with his digital SLR to come around I will take some awesome photos of this golden beauty.

Ok here is my building progress of the large exo-terra cage from start to finish, I kinda skipped a few photos as I built it up quite quickly, I bought a dremel that day to cut branches quickly etc.

The cage is being heated vie the clear water filled tub at the bottom left with a fish tank heater which is at the same time providing the humidity.
For the lighting I am using an aquarium blue and white neon light this is purely for aesthetic use as it provides a really beautiful white light which shows the snakes colours off really well.
Substrate is a mixture of cypris mulch and bark as far as I remember it was cypris mulch.

Anyways thanks for looking and I hope you guys and gals like it.
Saturn
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Golden Eye lash adult female with cage building progress

Postby Chopper 1 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:37 am

Very nice!!
To fly is Heavenly but to hover is Divine
Chopper 1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby wadekilian » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:21 am

Your collection of arboreal vipers is coming along nicely! Love the effort you put into your enclosures.
073 815 4741
BBM - 296fe3c5
wadekilian@yahoo.com
wadekilian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:23 am

Great snake and even better enclosure.

Are all the plants artificial plants, or are the ones on the ground real? Either way, I really like the setup.
What colour is the tip of the tail? I have seen some of the yellow Eyelashes with white tails, Very pretty.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Saturn » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for the comments :)

@ Westley Price - Thanks for the compliment on the setup. It is all artificial for now but I might at some stage put a few live plants in there, I tried the whole living vivarium thing a months or two back and it was a bit of a pain to keep right, I will need to do some more research on what soils etc to use because my soil started to seriously smell bad.
The very tip of the tail is red.
Saturn
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Exotic highly venomous snakes