Rescued kitten

Anything other than a reptile or any other category covered on this forum.

Rescued kitten

Postby gekosin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:21 am

Morning all,

So on Saturday we were on our way to a friends birthday, if you live in or around Benoni I'm sure you know Atlas road, while we were going towards Kempton Park we saw something on the road and initially though it was just junk till it started crawling across the road...

It ended up being a 4 week old kitten and seems like it and one of its siblings had been dumped out of a car along the road (his sibling was about 1km down the road but didn't make it)

It didn't take much convincing for me to stop and we quickly ran and grabbed the little guy out the road, he has since been to the vet and been given a clean bill of health.

I just don't understand how someone could dump the little guys like that, on the other hand there were 2 other people who stopped to check if he was ok so it seems some people do still care.
Proud Parent Of -

4.0.0 Corn Snake (Ghost Striped, Anery, Amber Stripe Corn)
0.3.0 Corn Snake (Normal, High Bloodred, Motley Gold Dust)
gekosin
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Rescued kitten

Postby Lillypod » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:00 am

Problem is people don't sterilize their cats and end up with MANY unwanted litters. I see at least 25 - 50 kittens that are "free to good home" a week on facebook pages, gumtree, junkmail, etc. MOST of these kittens end up as unsterilized cats, which just increases the number of unwanted litters and stray cats by more.
3-1-4 Leopard Gecko
1-1-2 Bearded Dragon
0-1 Brown House Snake
2-3 Ball Python
1-1 Western Hognose
1-1 Kenyan Sand Boa
3-2 Corn Snake
0-0-1 Bosc Monitor
0-1 Taiwanese rat snake
Lillypod
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Rescued kitten

Postby pytoxic » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:52 am

The answer is of course are Pythons :) At my school we HAD a stray cat problem but then after a while they stopped coming then one day someone found a very fat python. I think they left it and I haven't seen a stray since. But people need to make better care of there animals.
Nic
Ball Pythons:
0.1 Normal BP
0.1 Pastel BP
1.0 Fire BP
pytoxic
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Other Pets