Suggest a new board or feature for the forum. Share your ideas on how we can make SAReptiles the best and most user friendly forum possible.

Postby nvlooi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:14 pm

I m getting a 'gatkramp'/frustrated from people asking for help regarding Id's, permits etc. and they do not have there location on info.
It is just so much time wasting to first have to ask " Where are you from" :-x

Wouldn't it be possible to change this on the preferences menu to be compulsory for registration or something.
And mabey current active members must also have there location up before a certain due date.

I very sure Im not the only one feeling like this(IMO).

Please mods, Founders, Techsupp. anybody if you guys can have a chat about something like this.

Thanks

Henco from Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa

Ps. I think this has been mentioned before.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... - Nelson Mandela

Henco
nvlooi
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Location

Postby Fooble » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:40 am

Yes, i agree nvlooi!
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Re: Location

Postby Bushviper » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:15 am

The problem is so many people also put in locations like "Paradise" or "Heart of Africa" that it is difficult to work around that. Mostly people do not know how much help they will get from the forum when they join and others have persecution complexes about the animals that they keep.

Being rude to a person who asks for help or just giving them the "flat ignore" is another solution although it would be better if they just filled in their location. They can always go back and fill it in at a later stage as well.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Suggestions And Technical Support