Emails not being sent

Suggest a new board or feature for the forum. Share your ideas on how we can make SAReptiles the best and most user friendly forum possible.

Emails not being sent

Postby Smeegle » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 am

Hi Mods.

I haven't been recieving any e-mails (topic replies, ads etc) since 13/10/2011, and I would just like to bring to your attention someething that could be the problem.

In my control panel, the email options are duplicated:

Could this maybe have something to do with the problem?

Thanks!
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Emails not being sent

Postby froot » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 am

Thanks for that, I've been handling numerous new registrations where users havn't received their activation emails. We'll look into it.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Aaxel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:28 am

The first time I tried to sign up on sareptiles I was on hotmail, and I didn't recieve an activation email. Then I got myself a gmail account, and I recieved the activation mail. Does this site not respond to certain kinds of email accounts?
never argue with idiots, they will drag you down their level then beat you with experience
Aaxel
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Nope, should work with any email address, once it's left the server it's at the mercy of the internet until it get's to your email server.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby 007Mouse » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:30 am

I'd just like to add that it took me a really long time to find out where I could contact an admin to sort out my registration problems. I eventually found an e-mail address that I could use in a topic called "registration".

Forgive me if something like this exists and I just overlooked it, but I think it'd be a good idea to put a message saying "If you are having problems registering, contact an admin at admin@sareptiles.co.za" or something on the home page.
007Mouse
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Uromastyx » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:37 pm

@ Froot
Have a look at Hetzner in Germany. I think a server will cost +- R2k per month.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Uromastyx
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Suggestions And Technical Support