Hi mods!

Suggest a new board or feature for the forum. Share your ideas on how we can make SAReptiles the best and most user friendly forum possible.

Hi mods!

Postby gaboon69 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:30 pm

U guys are giving us a lekka time on this website mates, but would u please consider re-enabling us to edit our posts please? :lol:
Its just a shlep, but if theres a really good reason for doing it then Im all ears :)
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:08 pm

Unfortunately for us that mean well, the edit function has been abused by some people. Enabling the edit function will allow people to change any post they have made on the site from the first post they made. That puts alot of info on the site at risk, which affects everyone. It's a toss up between the mods fixing posts, or allowing members to do so and run the risk of sabotage.
For now we chose the safer option.
There is a upgrade for the software that will allow members to edit their posts if they have not been replied to. This will enable people to fix mistakes after posting, but will still secure older postings. We will be installing this upgrade soon.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby gaboon69 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:24 pm

I agree on the idea that users should not be able edit posts which have been replied to.
I meant being able to edit before any replies are made.
Thanks Froot.
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Suggestions And Technical Support