Is this an egg?

Here you will find information regarding care for your reptiles. These are member contributions.

Re: Is this an egg?

Postby Fugly » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:41 am

Ok, thank you.
So if there is they should pass on their own and when all is out I can put her by the male again.
But all should be out before I put her back with the male?

Sorry for all the questions but I am rather 100% on this before I loose her or put her health more in red.
Fugly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Yes wait till she has laid them all and the give her a week before putting her back with the male. This depends on her condition. If she is not 100% then dont breed her.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Fugly wrote:Thank you Bushviper

Just to confirm if I feel eggs should I apply a bit of pressure and they should pop out? or should I then just ensure that they come out over the next couple of days?
If not take her to a vet, is she then egg bound?
And if I can't feel anymore bumps I can put her back with the male?

Will upload pictures later today.

No never try to squeeze the eggs out. Just feel if she still has some remaining and then you know whether to go to the vet or not.

Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Fugly » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Thank you for the information. I will supply feedback.
And at this rate will have more questions. :)
I will post better picks this evening.

Once again thank your for the great assistance.
Fugly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gartersnake » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:19 pm

Power feed her after she has stopped laying, feed her as much as she would take and dust every meal with multi-vitamins and calcium to get her strength up.
After about a week or so of just feeding (Note: make sure the temperatures in the enclosure are of above room temperature that being 25C not below) reintroduce the male to the female or visa-versa depending on species and see what happens, keep on introducing the pair to each other on and off for a few days until the male looses interest.

Do you have any books or care sheets on your snake?
Some of the info you are asking for are quite varied on the net, books and care sheets, not meaning to be rude in any way but most of the info we give you are either of our own experience or from what we have read somewhere, so basically we are just grabbing info from the past (speaking mainly about myself) so the chances that we might overlook some small detail that we so to speak use every day becomes nothing to discuss but you as a newbie might not know these things.

I personally own over 300 books (give-or-take) on reptiles and amphibians, care sheets where I take every bit of info that I can get from one specific animal and then highlight, number and count the amount of times a specific phrase I think is important is mentioned, and with that the more times a phrase is mentioned in various care sheets means that more people have the same feeling or experience about it.

(Sorry for all the reading)
gartersnake
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fugly » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Gartersnake

Thank you for the info.
When every I get a gap I do research. The most reading I did on breeding is/was on perfect scenario. Most of the stuff do not prepare you for when something goes wrong. (or the stuff I read through)
I have a couple of books but need more.

Again thank you for the help.
Fugly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fugly » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:10 pm

As asked here is a better photo of the slugs and the extra bit.
I did not feel any lumps when I handled her earlier, will do the same tomorrow morning.
I offered her some food hope she eats.

(That is a AA battery)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fugly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Those are infertile eggs. I would possibly give her a break and wait a bit because her reproductive cycle does not seem to have been sorted out. Feed her a few small meals and then put her back on large mice and after a month if she looks good then introduce the male again.

Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Fugly » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Thank you Bv, will do.
Fugly
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Care Sheets