Bites,?

This section will help you get first aid treatment protocols incase of an envenomation. This includes indigenous and exotic reptiles. Please do not use this forum for photo sharing, etc.

Bites,?

Postby Death-Skull » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi all,

I do not know if this is my place to bring it up and I am proberly going to offend someone knowing my luck but tough I have been thinking this for a while now.

I have been wondering for a few weeks now, Have we had more venomous bites so far this year than the normal year?? It seems so to me and does anyone else also think this??

Just wondering,

Carl
------------"A GUY stands up for HIMSELF -BUT- A MAN stnands up for OTHERS"------------"Si vis pacem, para bellum"------------
Death-Skull
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Bites,?

Postby Serpy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Seems like it hey mate. Thanks for the help today!
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gaboon69 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:08 am

Most of the recent bite victims which I am aware of are guys in their mid twenties. Reminds me of the Ts of snakebite Mfezi once mentioned on another thread. Guys who've been in the hobby long enough who then move on by keeping highly venomous species. Im not even going to mention someone who obtains a venomous snake before having gained basic experience prior to such a purchase. By saying this, Im not throwing a stone at anyone. Just a thought.
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 am

In the past people did not admit to bites and there was no forum where they were "outed" so quickly.

I think as the hobby grows so will the accidents. It is just like the number of deaths on the road increase with the number of cars on the road. We can only try to minimise the accidents with training and with new techniques of housing and handling.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby kalvaer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:57 pm

I think BV has it spot on. The more popular the hobby becomes, the more "accidents" will happen. Its not like they didn't happen previously, just with more people involved its more noticable
kalvaer
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Venom Club