Snakebite philanthropy

This section will help you get first aid treatment protocols incase of an envenomation. This includes indigenous and exotic reptiles. Please do not use this forum for photo sharing, etc.

Snakebite philanthropy

Postby VenomER1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:43 am

Do you or any of your colleagues know of anyone from any developing country with snakebite related injury who might benefit from any form of care I can help to coordinate? For example, we brought a 2-year-old with a deep tissue injury from a spitting cobra bite from Swaziland to the US for grafting, physical therapy, etc. I have immediate access to many resources and want to help anyone who for any reason has not been able to get the care they need.

With best wishes,
Sean
--
Dr. Sean P. Bush, MD, FACEP
Professor of Emergency Medicine
Director, Fellowship of Envenomation Medicine
Department of Emergency Medicine, Room A108
Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Medical Center & Children's Hospital
11234 Anderson Street
Loma Linda, California 92354
USA
VenomER1
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Snakebite philanthropy

Postby insaniac » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 am

Wow,

Man, you are a legend !

Watch you on T.V. all the time !

See if you could get a hold of Swazi, ( search: Swazi ) she is also a user on this forum, she has been doing great work and could use all the help she can get...

Keep up the good work man !
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other...
insaniac
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:18 am

insaniac - Dr Bush and Thea (Swazi) are good friends and between them organised to get Zamo over to the US some time back.

Dr Bush my feeling is that Swaziland is the country whose snake bites we hear mostly about and I think is close to many of our hearts. I personally don't know of anyone aside from Thea dealing with these situations. So I would say hang onto those resources until she has another serious case such as Zamo.

Unless of course any of the other users can point you to someone in another country.
Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby insaniac » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 am

Well, sorry 'bout that...

My work is done...hehe

I'm real glad to know that the relationship allready exists, I'm sure you are going to change, and save, a lot of lives in the future!

Good Luck and Godspeed !
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other...
insaniac
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Venom Club