A Warning Do not let this happen to you.

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Re: A Warning Do not let this happen to you.

Postby URSULA » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:22 pm

Sorry I have been quiet but I thought I would wait and see what would happen. On Friday I did receive a sms apologising for what happened. he meant no offence and would be back on Saturday and would “make amends “ by Monday. Today I got a short call to say that there would be 2 deposits make to my account before the end on the working day, from people who have bought some snakes from him. This would cover +-3/4 of the money.
I have received one small deposit. Thanks Serpy. :)

I still feel that this whole thing has turned out now to be a money issue and not about trust or the snakes. I was very angry and upset when I first posted as I have also heard about people having things like this happen to them. Froot I do agree 100% with you, and phone call would have prevented a lot this.

However I do feel that since posting there has been some response from him and that in turn helps. So thanks again for your help.
URSULA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Durban Keeper » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:53 am

I'm sorry for the troubles he might have caused you Ursula, I know It's not my place to speak but I for one know he's not a bad guy! No other petshop owner in the whole of KZN has offered me the same help or advise on my herps as this oak has. In all my experiences dealing with him, he has been true to his word. He's not a con artist or a crook or anything of the sorts, granted what happened between you two is not ethical business practice, but I believe you will receive all that is entitled to you.

DK
Life is but a dream for the dead.
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby hunter1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Didnt want to start a new topic,, cause its about the same person...I am in exactly the same boat as Ursula, he had some snakes of mine which we agreed if he sold them I would get a certain amount! He told me they were sold, and he had my bucks!!!He never answers my calls, he is never in the shop, and I have none of my bucks!!!He has promised me my money several times!!!and nothing!!! This has been going on since Ursula first posted this topic!!I am going to the small claims court tomoro, and will see how far I can take it!!! as I have the orignal proof of purchase(that I paid for them from him)I am going to post his name and photo if he does not pay up!!!!This to me is a criminal act of fraud, and I also have herd of exactly the same case with a guy near me who I am going to try follow up. Durban Keeper I don't think you know this guy very well..
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby joef_conner » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:36 pm

I know him aswell and I owe him money. I think a constructive thing to do is PM the guys who know him and tell them to tell him you want your cash. I know he's had a whole lot of kuk happen to him so he's trying his best. He's only human. And I know a few guys who've taken animals from him and run leaving him to pick up the pieces....
joef_conner
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby Fooble » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:45 pm

hunter1 wrote:...He had some snakes of mine which we agreed if he sold them I would get a certain amount! He told me they were sold, and he had my bucks!!!He never answers my calls, he is never in the shop, and I have none of my bucks!!!.

Not saying the situation at hand is acceptable, but IF he is doing you a favour by selling your snake aka your dirty work give the guy a break. Deal with stuff yourself, if not you don't have a foot to stand on.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby hunter1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:54 pm

I have sent msgs!!!!Phoned him!!!! Begged him for my money...I bought those snakes off him for R1000 each I gave them back to him because they had mouth rot,,,and regurging!!! I said I would be happy if I got R700 out! he has now sold them and nothing!!!!so he made R1000 off me for a wild caught snake then he sold it for R1200 which means he made R2200 from a snake that cost him nothing and u going to tell me he has no money to pay up...Listen hear bud... The first snake I bought off him had a Respiritary infection, open mouth breathing!!!Cost me R1000 for vet bills!!!!Then he said he would replace it!!! So he said he had no cash he will replace it with different snakes, and i put in cash to make it 2 pairs!!! One of the snakes died about 2 weeks later, and the others were regurging so I took them back,.. He said he didnt mind just making a hundred bucks out of each1 for selling them through his shop..I said no I dont mind if I just get R700 out, which gives him R300 out of each snake. They have now been sold!!!! So Joef can you explain how your good friend operates????I have a gd reputation for paying up front for everything I buy, with every breeder I have dealt with!!!! Including this guy!!!!I have given him ample chances to pay up!!!
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby hunter1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Fooble wrote:
hunter1 wrote:...He had some snakes of mine which we agreed if he sold them I would get a certain amount! He told me they were sold, and he had my bucks!!!He never answers my calls, he is never in the shop, and I have none of my bucks!!!.

Not saying the situation at hand is acceptable, but IF he is doing you a favour by selling your snake aka your dirty work give the guy a break. Deal with stuff yourself, if not you don't have a foot to stand on.

Doing me a favour??? he has made R6000 grand off me and he has resold the snakes and taken that profit to!!!!You don't need to have standard grade maths to work out that, he has made big profit here!!! If I had known this was going to be the situation I would have sold them myself...... I would take them back and sell them myself, except he has sold them!!!!
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:08 pm

hunter1 wrote:
Fooble wrote:

Doing me a favour??? he has made R6000 grand off me and he has resold the snakes and taken that profit to!!!!You don't need to have standard grade maths to work out that, he has made big profit here!!! If I had known this was going to be the situation I would have sold them myself...... I would take them back and sell them myself, except he has sold them!!!!

Note I said IF didn't I?
Being from Durban surely you know nothing is for mahhala!

It does not take someone with at least half brain to sell their own snakes.
Nor does it take someone with an half a brain to know how to punctuate a sentence.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby dendroaspis » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Why must you guys always insult someone's intelligence? You make an informative thread bollocks.

What hunter did is called "consignment". Now fooble, anyone with half a brain (up here) knows what that means. Here guys do it all the time. Why you ask? More potential customers enter a petshop than come here looking for snakes. Sure, the seller is entitled to a profit, but not every dead cent made from the sale.
Home is behind the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
dendroaspis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby joef_conner » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:28 pm

You must realise there is a huge risk with wild caught reptiles and it sounds like you got very unlucky. Do you know for certain he got those amounts for the snakes?

@ dendroaspis - Fooble is just expressing his concern. As far as it goes I dont see any proof that he got any money for those snakes. Or those exact amount. Lets see what hunter says.
joef_conner
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby dendroaspis » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:32 pm

I understand that joef, but "half a brain with punctuation" has very little to do with concern over snakes.
Home is behind the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
dendroaspis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:36 pm

hunter1 wrote:!You don't need to have standard grade maths to work out that, he has made big profit here!!!

dendroaspis Same story.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby hunter1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:49 pm

From the donkeys mouth he told me he got R1200 for one of them!!!Anyway I'm standing my ground going to approach the small claims tomorow!! dendroaspis I am very concerned about the snakes as I wrote before I paid R1000 on vets for a snake I knew I wasn't going to keep, for peace of mind that I did what I could for that snake!!! Which shouldnt have been my burden!!! My snakes are very well looked after!!! Taking them back to him, was also for the well being of my own collection which is in the 80s and thank goodness i had those snakes in quarantine!!!! I have more appalling stories about this guy but no more time tonight!!
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:58 pm

Just checking up you say wild snakes cost nothing?
Clearly you haven't dealt with snakes much. Everything costs.
It seems weird that you would buy animals in terrible condition, why buy wild snakes? Says something about your husbandry.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Wolf777 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:11 pm

Come on guys it's getting out of hand now, @Fooble: Don't be so harsh man everybody has their reasons to buy snakes wild or not.
@Hunter1:I say give him some time, I mean everybody is saying he's a nice guy, look ursula got some money back.
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions