Should I go back?

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Should I go back?

Postby LeglessDragon » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:38 pm

I am in two minds here. I am trying to get mice from a breeder (until my multi-mammete colony starts kicking off) that keeps dropping me. He droped me again this week so I had to go to a pet shop to get mice. I bypast those that I know are dodgy and went to one that in the past seemed fine.

They gave me small mice. No problem with those mice. Then they brought out the large mice and I almost threw it in his face!

The mice had mange (not sure of the spelling). Not only was the hair out, but it seemed that they were suffering from various infections as well. Some of them eyes were swollen shut and puffy well their noses seemed inflammed! I told him that I will not take them. He told me that they are fine for 'snake food'! I asked him if he would eat maggot covered meat? He then said that these are cheaper and works fine for the snakes and won't effect them at all and tried to push the mice towards me. I almost flipped my lid! Problem is I was so shocked at this that I just turned around, took the stuff I had already paid for and left. I had also paid for those mice!

On the way home I kept thinking to myself all the things I could have said or done. I am too slow to react somedays. I want to go back. I want to go and force those mice down the owners throat! I am just... I don't know... How can someone think to sell their diseased animals as food??!!??

I want to go back. Two minds...
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Should I go back?

Postby Brendan E » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:53 pm

phone this guy
Shane he is in alberton but will deliver or meet you to drop off 0828283305
livestrong
Brendan E
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Urucone » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:02 pm

I know shane, he delivers mice to rats and his animals is in good shape, I ordered a for a while but unfortuneatley for him I got other suppliers that killed his market with me, I can pm his number if you want it.
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Urucone » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:04 pm

There is also a friend of mine that can supply you on multi's but you have to collect it, He is the biggest multi breeder that I know of.
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bernice » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:12 pm

I feel your pain Legless!

That SOB deserves a fat smack! even if the mice are going to become dinner that DOES NOT mean that they should be neglected and in poor health! on the contrary! if you see how anal the health department is about the food we eat or give to our dogs/cats... why should we accept any less for our snakes! *Grumble grumble grumble*

Hi Urucone!

What are your breeder friends prices like? Im trying to get good contacts as here in PTA as my corn will shortly be moving in with me... can you PM me his number?
Happiness is a fat mouse and a warm rock!

Dont fly! 4X4! The noble eagle may soar! but a weasel wont get sucked into a jet intake valve...

Some people are like a slinky spring, they make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Bernice
SA Reptiles Member

Postby warbot » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi guys, I believe for one what you put in you will get out!

meaning, feeding your snakes healthy mice/rats you will have a healthy snake...
feeding it unhealthy and diseased mice, your snake will most likely die... (well have a shorter life...)

Ldragon, post the petshops name and where it is, no one will go back there, if he can't take care of mice, and still tells you its fine for your snakes! he does not deserve to be in the pet trade!!

thats my feelings!!
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
- by Jim Rohn -
warbot
This member has been banned

Postby LeglessDragon » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:33 pm

@warbot - Agreed. Can't post the name. To many legal implications for the site.

@Urucone -Stay in JHB, difficult to get there. Know a good mm breeder in benoni (Johan on the site), but it takes over 1 1/2 hrs to get there:( The guy that can bring from Johan to me has just had a new baby and I don't want to bother him and his girlfriend.

@Brendon E - Will phone next week, but I think he will say no to coming all the way to Roodepoort.

@Bernice - Agreed. Wish I had quicker reactions and had shoved those mice down his throat!

Thanks guys. Next time going in with a plan of action!
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby warbot » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

...sigh.... I know... I hate people like that and they get away with it !!

that is like they say in Afrikaans " my gat se deksel "
but I guess that is SA for you, what happened to freedom of speech?
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
- by Jim Rohn -
warbot
This member has been banned

Postby Urucone » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Make time to come to PTA and I'll organise MM's for a very reasonable price, just to get your colony up and running quicker.
The breeder that I know stays in PTA as well.
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Long story short on this post.

I did not go back. Maybe I should have, but I just don't have the energy. I will make a turn by Urucone (thanks again) when we get back from holiday to organize more mm's.

In the mean time I have found an amazing rat breeder here in Roodepoort. I will replace the mice I usually feed with weaner rats for now. His rats are amazing though! They look like pet rats. I have never seen such healthy looking rats before. Their coats are thick and healthy and they really are the best I have ever seen! My smaller snakes had no problem eating the weaner rats. I will be sticking to his rats till my mm colony is sustaining itself and I can begin using them for food.

The rat breeders login name is greggo13. I think he did place an ad somewhere. I am going again on Friday so all the roodepoort guys (around me - know who you are) can pm me if they want and I will pick it up for them.
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sachak » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:47 pm

This is awsome news, I am getting a bit annoyed with the state of the rats in some of the petshops, the first thing you see is wart like sores on there ears, that to me is a very diseased rat and I dont want to feed that stuff to my snakes!!
sachak
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:53 pm

@Sachak - agreed. The pet shops just don't care what they feed snakes. They seem to think that, just because they will be eaten, they do not have to be in top health!

Luckly Greg seems to know how to keep his rats healthy. Must admit though, I hated killing the rats from him. They were so tame and friendly. Guess thats what you get if you care for your animals.
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Charlie » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:58 pm

You will not be disappointed in Urucoane's multi's or rats... He always has good quality animals
Does anybody else have the Hibby Dibby Jeebies?
Charlie
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions