What freaks you out ?

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Re: What freaks you out ?

Postby Bushviper » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Yoson we have birds here that have ticks as a large part of their diet. Lucky us.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby yoson10 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:38 am

Yea Oxpeckers and Guinea Fowl right????

Lucky for the animals more like!!! Look what happened to the unlucky Moose....damn evil parasites!!

This is what annoys me about ticks (other than how disgusting they are)

"We don't seem to have any natural allies in tick control. It's not well known what kind of animal eats ticks, though the larvae are vulnerable to fungi"

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... ife.2.html

Also thought this was funny

"After the female drops to the ground, full of blood and sperm, she lays her eggs, and then the fun is definitely over. She begins to atrophy. Her intestines spill out in a yellow blob. "

Lol......Talk about a worthless creature...They die via internal explosion :lol: :lol: ....I seriously don't see the point in them....but then again I don't really believe things need to have a point/serve a purpose to exist or that they exist for a reason...I just think nature provides blank niches and animals take them....Things don't need to have a purpose to survive or be interconnected with everything.....they survive solely because they are good at what they do ( just my opinion)
yoson10
SA Reptiles Member

Postby yoson10 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 am

Bushviper wrote:Yoson we have birds here that have ticks as a large part of their diet. Lucky us.

Well I guess if all else fails you could just move here to avoid ticks :-P :-P

October-April may be a slight problem through haha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka,_Nunavut
yoson10
SA Reptiles Member

Postby yoson10 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Bushviper wrote:Yoson we have birds here that have ticks as a large part of their diet. Lucky us.

Yeah you could just move to this whole region to avoid ticks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_A ... rchipelago

With this place being the coldest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka,_Nunavut
yoson10
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mrVynes » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:21 pm

I used to hate spiders untill one day when I foolishly tried to kill a big rain spider with Doom. Obviously Doom is supposed to be used on smaller insects so it took some time for the spider, completely white from the Doom it was covered in, to die. I felt so bad and stupid afterwards for being such a cruel pansy that for my own punishment I decided to leave them be even if it's bigger than a plate and sitting right above the headboard of my bed or between the taps in my shower. I have gone to sleep with some big ones parked on the wall and they never bothered me (Except for one time when I woke up something had spun a huge web from my short spiky hair to the windowsill). I still squirm inside a little when seeing those hairy fat black stubby legged spidaz! :shock:
I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy -W. C. Fields
mrVynes
SA Reptiles Member

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Wel here is what freaks me out...
Called the Surinam toad. The tadpoles "hatch" from her back :shock: I can almost feel it under my skin... EEEEEUW!
But interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7b4spjXhw
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 pm

That toad just screams trypophobia..
Feeling kinda nauseous
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Pieter89 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:10 pm

That toad - seriously freaky!!! Must say I agree with CarlaSmith87 - seriously nauseating!
Pieter van Zyl
Pieter89
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 am

I couldn't watch the entire video, totally freaked me out out.

Thing is, I saw this many years ago:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_breast_larvae.htm

And yes I know it is a fake, but it still gives me nightmares to this day!

The frog reminded me of the nipple, argh!!!
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby yoson10 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 am

By the way one of my friends who has been to Africa many times (I've only been to Africa 1 time and it was very brief) that apparently Tsetse Flies are the true #1 hell-spawns of the continent and make ticks look like cute fuzzy polar bears. I didn't know much about them other than that they rarely spread sleeping sickness but I did some research and they seem quite terrible..Atleast ticks just hide and wait for you to come past them and then destroy you but these Tsetse things swarm and attack like satan spawns!!! Glad we don't have them in Asia and North America!!!
yoson10
SA Reptiles Member

Postby shadowfoot » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 am

Most of us in South Africa are lucky enough to be living outside the Tsetse fly's range. They only occur in a small area in South Africa.
Shining brightly, even for a split
second, is better than living a
dull-grey life for eternity - Jing (King Of Bandits)
A life without gambling is like
sushi without wasabi - Gintoki (Gintama)
I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it - Steve Irwin
shadowfoot
SA Reptiles Member

Postby yoson10 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:10 am

shadowfoot wrote:Most of us in South Africa are lucky enough to be living outside the Tsetse fly's range. They only occur in a small area in South Africa.

Yeah he said they were the worst thing he has ever experienced...I think he was in Tanzania when he got destroyed by them..worse than ticks

So whats the bigger demonspawn ticks or tsetse flies?? :-P
yoson10
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to General Discussions