What freaks you out ?

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Re: What freaks you out ?

Postby Bushviper » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:32 am

Spiders used to freak me out. Now I am fine as long as they dont climb on me. I like crabs as they make good pets too especially the hermit crabs.

I dislike fly maggots especially the pics where they are still in live people. That creeps me out. I know it is good for the wound but I do shudder thinking about it especially in someones brain.

What freaks me out is wedding cake and that march music they play before dishing it out. I get cold shivers from that.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Serpy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:59 am

Bushviper wrote:What freaks me out is wedding cake and that march music they play before dishing it out. I get cold shivers from that.

Lol good one!

Spiders still freak me out. But Red Romans take the cake, I scream like a girl when they trying to get my shadow and I try run away and they follow, you get the picture :roll:

Edited - BB
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:11 am

One of the mods: Please delete my post, apparently my small grammer mistake was an issue enough for me to get a warning.
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Loretta » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:15 am

LOL BV and Serpy!
I rather like crabs... I've always caught them and when we go fishing, I'm more likely to spend my time with a hand line trying to catch them than with the fishing rod. I also tend to frustrate hubby with all the bugs I find and show him, because they all fascinate me. But cockroaches... It's ok if they are sitting on a wall or so (although I usually squish them then), but if they land on me! Ugh!
I'm not suffering from insanity... I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Loretta
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mindy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:44 am

THESE PICS REALLY FREAKED ME OUT =P

Feel like some Deep Fried Chocolate Cake?
Mindy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:57 am

That first pic must be Photoshopped!
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Ashlea » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:02 am

Spiders, hands down!!
Ashlea
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushbaby » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:13 am

I don't like spiders, but I can still deal with them.

Will give you an example of what REALLY freaks me out...

The other day my son was at a party and he managed to bump his toe open. His nail started coming lose, and he tried to show me. I got a pain, shooting up from my legs all the way through my heart and into my head! I cannot look at it. His nail eventually fell off, and I still find it difficult to look at it. Even thinking about it gives me the shooting pain up my legs. Guess I'll suck as a nurse. hee hee
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby mgiddings » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:51 am

Finally someone understands crabs are cool! Thank you BV and Loretta!!!
"Well, if you spend enough time in the field you will spot special things"-Tony Phelps
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wolf777 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Centipedes and red romans, but only if they get near me.
I also think crabs are quite cool creatures, it's amazing how much power some of them have in those pincers.
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby armata » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:01 pm

I have a weird one - custard - if I see it I immediately throw up, every time.

A good friend here in Oudtshoorn handles cobras and puffies no probs but becomes a shivering mass of jelly if a red roman is around.

I quite like them the way they chase around the kombuis in circles, never still, and I do pick them up.
' I get my kicks on Route 62 '
armata
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby JPWittstock » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:10 pm

Not a huge fan of these to be honest.

Picture2-138sar.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JP WITTSTOCK
JPWittstock
SA Reptiles Member

Postby bunny-ears » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:49 am

Bushbaby wrote:I don't like spiders, but I can still deal with them.

Will give you an example of what REALLY freaks me out...

The other day my son was at a party and he managed to bump his toe open. His nail started coming lose, and he tried to show me. I got a pain, shooting up from my legs all the way through my heart and into my head! I cannot look at it. His nail eventually fell off, and I still find it difficult to look at it. Even thinking about it gives me the shooting pain up my legs. Guess I'll suck as a nurse. hee hee

I can relate to this one 100%. I kicked a shopping trolley once by accident and blood started to pour from my toe. It took 4 days for my toenail to fall off and I was so horrifed I couldn't even look at it to treat it the whole time without feeling sick and getting a panic attack. Once it healed I had to paint the polish straight onto my skin so it did not look odd.

I am also petrified of mice when they have been caught in a trap.....very odd as I breed rodents for snake food and have no issues with actually feeding them to the snakes! But as soon as I see one in a trap I fall apart and get really upset!
3.20.0 royal pythons, 3.3.0 egg eater.
1.4.1 stigmochelys pardalis and babcocki, 0.2.0 testudo hermanni, 1.2.0 malacochersus tornieri, 1.4 geochelone carbonaria

poor is the person whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
bunny-ears
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hustler » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:51 pm

For me its parktown prawns I can handle pretty much anything else but a parktown prawn. I think the things get high off Raid because I have never seen them die from it and if you squish them or attempt to move them they let out that black goo that smells for days no matter how you try to was it off.

Try a nice air pellet gun, they die on sight if you hit them straight on their head lol.

I cannot stand flynig insects! Bees, wasps, or those millenium bugs(don't know their real names). Flys and mosquitoes ah they just annoy me but things that jump out of no where just freak me out big time! Had a bee or fly fly right into my ear and the noise and the pain and trying to get the thing out and it's still buzzing and squirming are something you don't forget very easily!
The man who has no imagination has no wings. -Muhammad Ali

You can live every day like a man. But if you do not die like a man then it all means nothing.
- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Herpetologist » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:41 am

nOWAY, SLIMY CRABS FREAK THE HELL OUT OF ME, AND MEATBALLS, HATE THOSE, BLLLLLLLLLL..
I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.

W. C. Fields
Herpetologist
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions