New Year Resolution

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

New Year Resolution

Postby mikerickin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am

Christmas is already end.So now everyone was looking forward for new year.And the New Year is coming up...What would be your New year resolution for this upcoming 2010?
[url=http://www.zoombits.co.uk]winter olympics[/url]
mikerickin
SA Reptiles Member

Re: New Year Resolution

Postby warbot » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:50 am

Hit the lotto or make lots of debt before 2012.
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
- by Jim Rohn -
warbot
This member has been banned

Postby Rishaad » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am

My new years resolution is not to make any more new years resolutions. In that way I don't get depressed when they don't happen.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ReptileCorner » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Mine is to stop watching Animal Cops Housten on Animal Planet, otherwise I'll need Prozac soon.
"These Hitlers use the camouflage of science to make money out of animals... so whenever they murder our animals and call it sustainable use, I`ll fight it. Since when has killing a wild animal, eating it or wearing it, ever saved a species?" -Steve Irwin
ReptileCorner
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mgiddings » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:04 pm

My new years resolution is to attempt to afford a green tree python. R4500 for a hatchling is not exactly affordable lol
"Well, if you spend enough time in the field you will spot special things"-Tony Phelps
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Postby marc bt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Mgiddings, if i were you i would rather think about an Amazon tree boa. They are much more affordable and don't give you nearly as many problems as GTPs, infact mine haven't given me any( apart from wanting food, food, food!) . I think rather master ATBs then move onto the next step, GTPs ;)
a wiseman once said:"you can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, but teach him how to fish and feed him for the rest of his life.."
marc bt
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mgiddings » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:45 pm

Yeah. sounds like a plan. I just like the thicker look and more arboreal behaviour of GTP's, still I love ATB's as well.
"Well, if you spend enough time in the field you will spot special things"-Tony Phelps
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Postby marc bt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:58 pm

But thats the beauty of ATBs, at night they are all over the cage in "hunt mode" and they are arboreal but they spend some time on the ground (more than what people think).
a wiseman once said:"you can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, but teach him how to fish and feed him for the rest of his life.."
marc bt
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mgiddings » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Yeah, thanks man. How much do yearling colored ones usually go for? (yellow, red, orange etc.)
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Postby marc bt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Anywhere from R1500 to R2500. Females cost more than males but if you can get from the right, trustworthy sources you can get them at a good price.
marc bt
SA Reptiles Member

Postby arcadies » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:04 pm

1024x768
"But I put my life on the line to save animals. " Steve Irwin (1962 -2006)
arcadies
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions