SAreptile.co.za FACELIFT

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

SAreptile.co.za FACELIFT

Postby the_wizard » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:07 am

Who thinks that this site needs a little facelift? i mean just a small one , maybe change the krappy brown to a nice forest green?
and add some more pics of reptiles on the top etc?

I think it would do wonders to the site??
the_wizard
SA Reptiles Member

Re: SAreptile.co.za FACELIFT

Postby Waz » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:41 am

There is already a different SA website/forum whose main colour is forest green. I think this site is great just the way it is.. Its humble and familiar. Bright, vibrant colours sometimes make a site feel showy and impersonal instead of exciting. Look at fecebook and twitter, both are simple colour schemes that don't offend the senses. They make you want to stay on the site longer than is really necessary..
Warren Garvie
www.facebook.com/warrengarviepage
Waz
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Groenslang » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:04 am

Waz wrote:There is already a different SA website/forum whose main colour is forest green. I think this site is great just the way it is.. Its humble and familiar. Bright, vibrant colours sometimes make a site feel showy and impersonal instead of exciting. Look at fecebook and twitter, both are simple colour schemes that don't offend the senses. They make you want to stay on the site longer than is really necessary..

+1. Some of the other forums I am active on that are bright and flashy, I barely stay on for longer than 15 minutes. This site I stay on for often hours a day.
The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

Arno Davies
Groenslang
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sega » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:18 am

I totaly agree with the last 2 post's i can stay on SA reptiles for ages without getting bored,and plus i think it looks familiar and if it was changed it just woulden't feel the same.
1.0.0 red tailed boa
0.1.0 snow corn snake,1.0.0 male butter corn snake,1.1.0 candy cane corn snakes,1.0.0butter stripe\motley,amel motley
sega
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Instead of worry about the site ( which is perfect IMO).
People should spend time posting worth while topics, not pointless threads about another beardie that won't eat or a how to raise humidity.I spend less and less time on here due to "these" pointless topics.

Content makes a forum not the interface.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby marc bt » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Tyrone, you took the words right out of my mouth.
a wiseman once said:"you can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, but teach him how to fish and feed him for the rest of his life.."
marc bt
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hoss » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Fooble wrote:Instead of worry about the site ( which is perfect IMO).
People should spend time posting worth while topics, not pointless threads about another beardie that won't eat or a how to raise humidity.I spend less and less time on here due to "these" pointless topics.

Second that. I would love to see some discussions take place over some of the more rare snakes some folks might own. I'm new to the hobby and would love to learn. I feel I've learnt enough about the eating habits of Beardies ;)
Hoss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jason Lucey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:55 pm

I second both what Tyronne said and Waz said. When I go on to other brightly colored sites I feel disoriented and lost. But when I see the brown and yellow of SA reptiles I feel comfortable and at home!
Radical Reptiles.
Cell:0760484045
Email: radicalreptiles@mobileemail.vodafonesa.co.za
Jason Lucey.
Cell: 0718708773
BBM: 23A32A76
Email: luceyjason@yahoo.com
Jason Lucey
SA Reptiles Member

Postby nvlooi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:40 pm

Fooble wrote:Instead of worry about the site ( which is perfect IMO).

Enjoy.

http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=15873
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... - Nelson Mandela

Henco
nvlooi
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Nvlooi. Thank god for you!

Thanks bud really appreciate the time and effort it takes to firstly take GREAT photo's and then bother to upload them to the handful of us who appreciate them!
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby nvlooi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Fooble wrote:Nvlooi. Thank god for you!

Thanks bud really appreciate the time and effort it takes to firstly take GREAT photo's and then bother to upload them to the handful of us who appreciate them!

No worries skater boy... you just keep on breeding those geckos for feeders for my 5.8 fiskii collection... :lol:

H
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... - Nelson Mandela

Henco
nvlooi
SA Reptiles Member

Postby SABOAMAN » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:08 am

If I remember correctly this was done about 3 years back. There was a vote on the slogan, colors used and all off that and a vote for keeping it as it is.And guess what :?: The vote went for keeping the color format as it is and some MINOR changes with logo :D

The way you see the site today is from that vote and proposed changes. I really do not see the need to go through that again. And remember that the SAREPTILES community has grown since the changes, and all the newer members see is the current format(witch is the best :D )
Rudolf Booyens
SABOAMAN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cvanvollenstee » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 am

I agree, there are some topics that are posted over and over and over again. This color theme is realy good, it is not hard on the eyes those green and blue sites realy make the text hard to read.
1. Green Iguana Male called Sarel See Monster
cvanvollenstee
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Superciliaris » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:29 am

Life is the greatest adventure imaginable.
Superciliaris
SA Reptiles Member

Postby greggo13 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:23 pm

I personally love SA Reptiles just the way it is.
greggo13
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to General Discussions