Imports from Prehistoric pets USA.

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Imports from Prehistoric pets USA.

Postby Bushviper » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:30 pm

I will be importing some animals from Prehistoric Pets in the US early in next year. They can issue a Master CITES for retics, ball pythons and burmese so if there is anything you would like to add to the shipment please get hold of me.

The owner, Jay Brewer, said he would like to make the shipment a little bigger because of the standard costs involved in every shipment. These are the permits (x4), the inspections (there and here), the crate, the clearing agent, the quarantine and then the freight itself. The only variable costs will be the snakes themselves and the import duties of 14 %. Obviously if you want to buy an adult snake the costs skyrocket because of the weight when it is shipped.

Not all the snakes are always available because they can only send snakes that they have bred themselves. Once the CITES has been issued I can tell you which ones will be available. The costs will roughly be the price on the website multiplied by two plus the VAT. Remember this will be worked on the dollar buying price (not the mid-rate quoted on TV). The more expensive snakes will work out a bit cheaper by comparison because the price does not have to be doubled. Let me know what you are interested in and then you will be given a final quote. If the animal is not a hatchling then it does work out a bit more because of the extra freight and feeding costs.

Once I have a photograph of your exact animal and it is confirmed in the shipment and only then do you have to pay for it. A 10% deposit is due for any snake booked and will only be paid back if the snake is not available. If it is available and you decide to pull out then you lose the deposit. The animals will have to do 30 days quarantine at a facility we hire and then permits can be obtained to the province that you are in. You will get feed back during this period as well on the snakes progress.

They do not have a Master CITES for boas or other animals so dont order any of those. The patternless Rock pythons cannot be imported either. I will be getting hypos/salmons, some albino and pastel Boa constrictors but they are coming from another supplier and are included in this shipment. These I can only confirm after they have been shipped.

Go look at http://prehistoricpets.com and if you want to order anything there then contact me directly.

There are few threads on this forum showing the snakes that I have bought from them before. They are in a class of their own. Their quality is guaranteed.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Re: Imports from Prehistoric pets USA.

Postby johan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi Arno.
I know you said no boas.When are you going to import some boas. Could you plse let me know, would like to import some.
Thanks
Johan.
johan
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Johan they dont have Boas on their Master CITES permits so it is more difficult to get them. I will be waiting a bit longer to get a few boas and am not 100% sure of what they are. I am expecting top quality coral albinos, some pastels and possibly one or two more.

What are you interested in?

Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby johan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi Bushviper. Looking at BW caramel, VPI T POS, BLONDE, BLOOD something in that line
johan
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Saturn » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 am

I know this post is pretty old now, but I am interested if you will still be importing some boas, I am looking to import a pair of Suriname boa's.

Please let me know :)

Thanks,
Kind Regards
Saturn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Nope sorry those I cannot help with at this time. I would also love to get a few pairs but the CITES permits for this species take months. If I can find someone who has a "Master CITES" for these snakes I will look at bringing them in. They are not cheap so be prepared for a shock.

Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Tarka » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi Bushviper! Are you still intending to do the import? If so, when? I would love to get myself a Spotnose Ball Python pair! The asking price is USD600. Obviously there would be other costs (permits, import duties etc) involved. Should I use a conversion rate of approximately 11-13 to estimate the final cost?
Python regius

1.1.0 Yellow Belly
1.5.0 Normal
1.1.0 Piebald
1.0.0 Crystal
0.1.0 Bumblebee
0.1.0 Pewter
0.1.0 Fire
0.1.0 Mojave
0.1.0 Pinstripe
1.0.0 Het Albino
1.0.0 Enchi
1.0.0 Axanthic (VPI)
1.0.0 Black Pastel
1.0.0 Coral Glow Pastel

Leopard Geckos

Tarka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:23 pm

by Bushviper » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Bushviper wrote:I will be importing some animals from Prehistoric Pets in the US early in next year.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Tarka » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Eish....I need to remember to check when the threads were started! Apologies!! One beer from me to Arno at the SOS Expo.
Python regius

1.1.0 Yellow Belly
1.5.0 Normal
1.1.0 Piebald
1.0.0 Crystal
0.1.0 Bumblebee
0.1.0 Pewter
0.1.0 Fire
0.1.0 Mojave
0.1.0 Pinstripe
1.0.0 Het Albino
1.0.0 Enchi
1.0.0 Axanthic (VPI)
1.0.0 Black Pastel
1.0.0 Coral Glow Pastel

Leopard Geckos

Tarka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Okay. I will actually be importing again later this year. I can look at bringing in what you want. With the rand to dollar falling the way it is now the price will probably be fairly high. We can chat over that beer!

Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to General Discussions