Sick and Tired

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Sick and Tired

Postby Seaborne » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Hello Guys/Ladies

I would firstly like to point out that the person who's name is attached to this picture is not implicated in this conversation in any way.

I receive a number of BBM messages from people trying to buy or selling a number of weird and wonderful animals. the fast majority of these animals are illegal and they either have no permits for the animals or they just trading in them. Some animals need Cities permits and others are even highly endangered.

I for one have never bought or sold an illegal animal, but I must confess that I am not holier than thou.

I have decided to show members out there the dark side of the trade and i am taking a stand against the illegal trade. I will from time to time update screenshots I make from conversations I have with people. Should anybody on this forum however like to take matters further and follow up on posts I make I cant stop you doing that.
Seaborne
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Sick and Tired

Postby Mitton » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Why not just report them to the authorities, you obviously have their name and number, so it should be easy. The authorities can set up a sting and catch these guys.

Posting it here on the forum is not going to help much, unless it is forums member and you name them.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Bushviper » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:34 pm

I have my doubts that these animals even exist. People with any level of intelligence speak of Lion cubs. You would think they could google how to spell Civets. Black caiman grow to massive sizes and I cannot imagine why they would end up in the pet trade. I wonder what the hell a "Kuhaki" is. Possibly this imbecile thinks that is how you spell Coati.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby deleray » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me. Also putting it on this forum publicly doesn't do anyone in this community any good with everything that is going on at the moment.

Agree with Mitton, if you want to take up the holy fight then report them to the authorities. Otherwise this post is pointless IMO.
deleray
SA Reptiles Member

Postby smeyer83 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:06 am

You should act quickly by now.Follow what is the best for those animals.. I am also an animal lover so I definitely support you!
smeyer83
SA Reptiles Member

Postby SABOAMAN » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:04 pm

This add on Junk Mail today falls in the same catagory: No mention of permits just money for small tortoises

http://www.junkmail.co.za/pets-for-sale ... l-22144263
Rudolf Booyens
SABOAMAN
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions