Something touches me........

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Something touches me........

Postby mamba1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:40 am

So the Misses placed an advert under the 'Animals Other' section on Junkmail. She was advertising to sell three yellow anacondas and gave the usual description of the snakes, price, contact info and so on....... Nothing out of the ordinary.
The reply however was far from ordinary -

Hello, (sadiamat04@yahoo.com) How are you? i hope you are fine, My name is Miss sadia Mathews, I am browsing today in (junkmail.co.za) so i come Across your profile with your email, it seams like some thing touches me, i started having some feeling in me which i have never experience in my life before, i decided to write you, l will also like to know you the more, and l want you to send an email to my email address so l can give you my picture for you to know whom l am. Here is my email address (sadiamat04@yahoo.com) I believe we can move from here! I am waiting for your mail to my email address above. Miss sadia. (Remember the distance or color does not matter but love matters a lot in life) send an email to my email address so l can give you my picture for you to know whom l am. Here is my email address (sadiamat04@yahoo.com).

Don't know about the rest of you, but WTF comes to mind!!!
Mambas and cobras and white lip tree vipers.... Boas and boomslang and all of the pythons...... Twig snakes and sea snakes and a puff adders skin...... These are a few of my favourite things.
mamba1
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Something touches me........

Postby Reynard » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:19 am

I am not sure if you know about mxchange on mxit? It is now an app for junkmail on mxit. I also used to place quite a few adverts on there and got quite a few of the exact same messages (only with different email adresses). I do believe it is some sort of phishing (an attemt to acquire personal information) but I am not sure. I never replied to these messages but I got quite a few so it is obviously not what it seems and I doubt it is legitamate. Glad to see I'm not the only one! Thought I might have a cyber stalker. :smt021
1.2 Red Tail Boas

It's my life. Let me live it.
Reynard
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MISA » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:53 am

LMAO... don't touch me on my reptile! :lol:

It's actually an advance fee scam or 419 scam, they befriend you then try to extort money out of you once you have "fallen in love" with them, if you want to have some fun and wind them up a bit, use a gmail account that way if the paw paw hits the fan they cannot track you down and boil your bunny...

or have a look at the scam b8ters's website, we have a lot of fun playing these scammers..

if you keen to see from where "she" (probably a he) is from, use the headers from the email and do a search via one of the online header/ ip tracking services....
"I have absolutely NO tolerance for stupidity and self-inflicted pain borne out of the greed to gain at another’s expense."
(Made_In_SA 09)

1.0 -Matindane (WC)
1.0 -Mkhovu (WC)
1.0 -Tokoloshe (CB)
1.0.1 -Angasi (WC)
MISA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mamba1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:33 am

HA HA HA HA :lol:
Thanks for all the info Reynard and Misa, thought it might have been a scam attempt, but its the first time that we had received something like that and I am by no means clued up on the ins and outs of such things.
I will however make good use of the newly learned information and suggestions and have me a bit of fun!!!!
And as for the Misses, lets just say that she isn't going to live this one down either :lol:
Mambas and cobras and white lip tree vipers.... Boas and boomslang and all of the pythons...... Twig snakes and sea snakes and a puff adders skin...... These are a few of my favourite things.
mamba1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rumor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:57 pm

i Got exactly the same reply on my add for tarantulas!!!
Rumor
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Herald_23 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Scam very commonly implemented by Northern Africans. What they do is claim you to be their Fiancé or what not and gain citizenship here.
I remember some Ghanaians at our church who wanted to take pictures of themselves with members of the congregation. I managed to stop that very quickly. Please guys, be careful.
They are VERY clued up. Do not underestimate them.
The lion does not fear the jackal
Herald_23
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:56 pm

After reading this post it seams like some thing touches me, i started having some feeling in me which i have never experience in my life before, i decided to write about it here.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Herald_23 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Bushviper wrote:After reading this post it seams like some thing touches me, i started having some feeling in me which i have never experience in my life before, i decided to write about it here.

That scared me slightly
The lion does not fear the jackal
Herald_23
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions