Interesting Article

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Interesting Article

Postby cvanvollenstee » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:43 pm

I found this interesting article.

The first part is exsamples of this guys worked and below is the article what happend.

http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2013/02/ma ... serpentine

Enjoi.
1. Green Iguana Male called Sarel See Monster
cvanvollenstee
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Interesting Article

Postby Smeegle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:48 am

A really link that just goes how beautiful snake really are!

I found it very interesting that the photo of the black mamba biting the guy on the leg that was doing the rounds a while ago is actually of this photographer. You can clearly see the black background he uses for the photo's. Apparently he didn't even know he had been bitten and only noticed the snake biting him when he looked at the picture later.
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:28 pm

This was his explanation I saw on another site.

http://strangebehaviors.wordpress.com/2 ... ack-story/

So you dont wear long pants because it might disturb the snake? You allow it to coil around your leg? It bites directly into an artery but you have a mushroom size swelling? Your treatment regimen is Red Bull. Nothing happens to you? Sorry if I dont believe you. Last I heard Costa Rica did not allow any venomous exotic snakes there.

Real pity because the photos are nice.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Smeegle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Wow, OK! Definitely just a publicity stunt then!

Looking at the picture again, is that Mamba even alive? He seems to be holding it in place with the hook stick?
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions