Any Centurion keeper willing to help?

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Any Centurion keeper willing to help?

Postby it_bit_me » Sat May 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi guys.

An good pal of mine has started to get an interest in snakes ,he has an good idea of snakes in general but he has little experience at keeping them.
What I'd like to ask is if someone would be willing to show him how you do your thing and perhaps a bit of how a snake setup looks. He can do it in an Petshop but the personal help and introduction will really go a long way.
He has not decided on an snake so it would do him very well if he could end up buying from that same person ie YOU :lol:

Anyone with an bit of experience and an free hour will fit the bill. Please if anyone has the spare time please let me know.

If able, please give an sms.
Thanks Uwe
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Any Centurion keeper willing to help?

Postby it_bit_me » Sat May 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Around Centurion will also do.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby wadekilian » Sat May 25, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm in Faerie Glen which isn't too far from Centurion. Will give him a call :-)
073 815 4741
BBM - 296fe3c5
wadekilian@yahoo.com
wadekilian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TJ&ACP » Sun May 26, 2013 10:16 am

Hi Uwe, I am in Kempton Park also around the corner 083 324 8940
As a general rule, the more we learn about snakes and their ways, the less fear we have of them. This is usually not so with the Mamba.
The more one learns of his ways, the greater grows the dread of him.
He, without doubt, is the King of Snakes in South Africa.
For quickness, aggressiveness, and the deadly nature of his venom, he has no equal.
F. W. FITZSIMONS, 1912
TJ&ACP
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sun May 26, 2013 10:34 am

The idea of going on a husbandry course is to be able to teach and show all of this and interact with other people who also have the same interests. If he is serious then possibly attending the next husbandry course will be a good idea.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby it_bit_me » Sun May 26, 2013 12:03 pm

I forgot there are things like husbandry courses. Thank you BV
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 pm

To TJ and Wade thank you very very much for the help.
I will give an call as soon as I can send my pellie over.

:-D
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TJ&ACP » Sun May 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Another suggestion would be to come through to the THA meeting this Friday.
As a general rule, the more we learn about snakes and their ways, the less fear we have of them. This is usually not so with the Mamba.
The more one learns of his ways, the greater grows the dread of him.
He, without doubt, is the King of Snakes in South Africa.
For quickness, aggressiveness, and the deadly nature of his venom, he has no equal.
F. W. FITZSIMONS, 1912
TJ&ACP
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions