What's up with all these kombuis adverts?

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

What's up with all these kombuis adverts?

Postby Lillypod » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:18 pm

I've been seeing the kombuis adverts popping up more and more and now they are in the Classifieds too. How does one report an advert?
3-1-4 Leopard Gecko
1-1-2 Bearded Dragon
0-1 Brown House Snake
2-3 Ball Python
1-1 Western Hognose
1-1 Kenyan Sand Boa
3-2 Corn Snake
0-0-1 Bosc Monitor
0-1 Taiwanese rat snake
Lillypod
SA Reptiles Member

Re: What's up with all these kombuis adverts?

Postby Mr Venom » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:49 pm

It's just spambots, admin checks them daily and delete the members posting them. Lately they have been more common.
1.1.0 B.C. Imperator
Mr Venom
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LizardLover » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:29 am

How convenient, I've been looking for ideas to build a kombuis! Who would have thought I would find an ad from UK about kitchens in a reptile forum of South Africa,
LizardLover
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:44 am

We do try to remove them as quickly as what they come up. I have no idea why they would think that if they sneak their ads onto our forums that people will actually support them. If you cannot even be honest when you advertise why would I want to do any business with you at all. Even if I needed kombuis cupboards I would avoid these people like the plague.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby gekosin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:54 am

I love reporting them, Lilly next to the quote button is a small ! button this will allow you to report the posts. Not sure how you report the classifieds.
Proud Parent Of -

4.0.0 Corn Snake (Ghost Striped, Anery, Amber Stripe Corn)
0.3.0 Corn Snake (Normal, High Bloodred, Motley Gold Dust)
gekosin
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:20 am

The more you click their links, the more the 'publishers' get paid and more this invasive form of advertising is perceived as successful. Avoid clicking spam links at all costs. Once their campaign's budget is used up the spam will briefly stop at which point they will quantify wether the energy spent is worth the gain, if not, the spam will be gone for good. Ignoring the links and reporting spam will help ensure they use up more energy than they gain.

If you are really interested in what they are promoting then type the root domain only into a new browser page BY HAND and go have a look from there, this way they cannot link your visit from their crude advertising campaign and append it to their success rate and they'll hopefully leave us the hell alone.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby SABOAMAN » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:30 am

The other problem with this type of advertising is, it's affiliated marketing. The root domain approach the affiliate marketing website asking for advertising/marketing. The hopeful marketers use their affiliate profile to promote the product website generating income for the affiliate marketer. They use forums and all sorts of systems to generate traffic through their affiliate link to the root domain. And as froot mentioned an advertising history of successful advertising stream. Do not click on the links ratter report or ignore I'm sure admin will delete the ad + user. And if you have a look at the times they post the ads its alway during our nights time knowing it will take admin some time to remove the ad.
Rudolf Booyens
SABOAMAN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby SABOAMAN » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:02 am

First ever on SAReptiles - lingerie!!

We have moved on from kitchens to bedroom wear.

Maybe the mods can leave the lingerie add up for a short time for all to have a laugh at :?:
Rudolf Booyens
SABOAMAN
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions