Eastern Cape experience

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Eastern Cape experience

Postby krah » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:17 pm

After months of planning I finally made my way down to the Eastern Cape to do some camping, along with some herping, on my girlfriends family's farm. The weather had a different idea though, several days of relentless rain, with no end in sight! So yesterday we "sucked it up" got kitted out in our rain gear and headed off to Apex Predators snake park.

The park is amazing, the cages are well constructed, immaculately clean and the reptiles are all in beautiful condition. In addition to wonderful examples of indigenous species, Deon's collection includes some beautiful exotics. The high-light of the visit for me was definitely being given the chance to handle one of Deon's Butter House snakes, the Dwarf Jampea and seeing the Albino house snake in his collection, I cant wait to go back this weekend to watch one of the shows!

Best of luck to Deon for the future of the park, and the volunteer learning program he runs with the local children.

Hopefully will have some pics to upload, if the rain ever lets up and allows us to clear out some of the dis-used buildings on the farm.
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Winston Churchill.

Pastel BP 0.1.0
Firefly BP 1.0.0
Spider BP 1.0.0
Normal BP 0.1.0
Pied BP 1.1.0
Axanthic het pied BP 0.1.0
Banana BP 1.0.0
Albino Corn 0.1.0
Beardies 1.1.0
krah