Soda Steam Gas Bottle

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Soda Steam Gas Bottle

Postby gekosin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi All,

We have a spare soda stream gas bottle at him still fill ( the machine broke and got chucked a long time ago) I only recently thought about using it to possibly gas my own snake food... any one have a clue how to convert the nozzle end so i can put a tap type system on it?

Thanks
Proud Parent Of -

4.0.0 Corn Snake (Ghost Striped, Anery, Amber Stripe Corn)
0.3.0 Corn Snake (Normal, High Bloodred, Motley Gold Dust)
gekosin
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Soda Steam Gas Bottle

Postby MISA » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:36 pm

If you have a local store that sells paint ball markers etc, they should have an ASA adapter for use on the Co2 bottles some guys use for paint ball, it screws onto the bottle and works like a gate valve so you can turn the gas on and off at your will. If not you can order online from the various paintball outlets.
"I have absolutely NO tolerance for stupidity and self-inflicted pain borne out of the greed to gain at another’s expense."
(Made_In_SA 09)

1.0 -Matindane (WC)
1.0 -Mkhovu (WC)
1.0 -Tokoloshe (CB)
1.0.1 -Angasi (WC)
MISA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby iiviii » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:59 am

I find it easier with the machine because then you simply buy a clear hose (like that on a fish tank) and run it from the white nozzle to a ice cream tub with two holes (one for air to go in and one for oxygen to go out) I can post photos a bit later seeing as its feeding day anyway. Hope this helps
There is no greater love than that shared between a human and a reptile - Author Unknown
iiviii
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sgmpanza5 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:36 am

@ Gekosin - Sorry to steal your post. I wanted to ask a related question so instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd continue on yours.

@ Anyone - I've been thinking of euthinazing using the dry ice method. Has anyone used this method? What are its pro's and con's regarding the well-being of the rats/mice? Does anyone know where I can get some dry ice in PMB?
sgmpanza5
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Primogen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:46 am

Dry ice works fine but its not really efficient as you will always need to get more dry ice everytime you need it, you can get it at any ice cream supply depot just google them for your area.

A better way is to just get a 20kg CO2 canister with a valve, they are really cheap to get refilled and any gas depot or paintball supply can do it.
“The animal needing something knows how much it needs, the man does not.” — Democritus
Primogen
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions