Robert Koch Artwork

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Robert Koch Artwork

Postby Westley Price » Sat May 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi All

So I recently got the opportunity to get a commission piece done by renowned South African wildlife and landscape artist, Robert Koch.

I knew I wanted a piece which included reptiles, but which is not centered around reptiles as I think it limits the commercial value of the art and makes the market so much smaller if I want to re-sell in the future. So my best idea was a beautiful landscape with a reptile or some reptiles in the foreground.

Many of you will know I was born and spent a lot of time working in the Namaqualand coastal regions where I observed Ouroboros cataphractus from a young age and they have always had a soft spot in my heart. I enjoy their habits, personalities and just their cool appearance, so I sent a few pictures to Robert and he came up with an amazing idea focusing on what would keep me happy while still creating a piece of art with resale/investment potential.

Please let me know what you guys think. The canvas is 122 cm x 92cm so nice and large!

Without further ado, here is "Chasing the Light" by Robert Koch.

For anyone wanting to see some of his other pieces, http://www.robertkochart.co.za
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Re: Robert Koch Artwork

Postby Durban Keeper » Sun May 03, 2015 7:22 am

My favourite place on earth with one of my favourite species featured too. Its a great piece. Love the rain falling in the distance. Westley could you email me a nice high res photo of your incredible painting please. Would love to have a closer look.
Life is but a dream for the dead.
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Mon May 04, 2015 12:12 pm

That is a great looking painting.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Westley Price » Tue May 05, 2015 9:49 am

Thanx guys, much obliged.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Cornelius » Wed May 13, 2015 10:06 am

Have to agree that is stunning.
There is something that is much more scarce, something finer by far , something rarer than ability.
It is the Ability to recognise Ability

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804?v=photos#!/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804
Cornelius
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Wed May 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Thanx Cornelius.
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Return to General Discussions