housing for ball python

If it has a pelvis and spurs, you can post about it here.

View Gallery

housing for ball python

Postby killo2208 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:13 am

Good day All

I am in the process of getting my first snake...Yippeeeee. I have decided on a female albino ball python. Problem is i live in port elizabeth and i cannot for the life of me find a shop where i can buy a cage for it. If anyone knows of a place i can contact please let me know. I have less than 2 weeks left before my friend arrives.

I am ideally looking to buy everything at once, cage, heating pads etc.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
killo2208
SA Reptiles Member

Re: housing for ball python

Postby newbe » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:02 am

Best would be to buy online from a Joburg or Cape Town source because PE is lame when it comes to reptiles, the only things you will find is corn snakes and red tails here, it's as if Ball Pythons don't exist. Or just build your own enclosure its not that difficult to do its just time consuming. When I had my Balls I bought my enclosure and accessories from the pet shop in Cape Road, but they don't sell snakes anymore due to some or other reason, so they have nothing there. The pet store in Greenacres has next to nothing for reptiles apart from some lizard heat rocks and feeding bowls for dusting crickets, some Exo-Terra glass vivs and that's about it. The pet store in William Moffett might have some enclosures, but they mainly for corn snakes and they are very, very limited in terms of reptile supplies. They do however seem to have a decent supply of mice and rats for when you start feeding your Ball. There is a shop in Walmer but I don't know if they still in business, they used to catalogue reptile goodies for most types of snakes, Urban Reptiles and Things, they situated in or near 6th Ave shopping centre. Good Luck with everything though and hopefully someone else from PE has a contact you can use.
''Knowing is not enough, we must APPLY. Willing is not enough, we must DO.'' - Bruce Lee
newbe
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:02 pm

I am sure these guys ship country wide and service and products are great.
http://www.clickapet.co.za/
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby reptile » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:05 pm

www.reptilecity.co.za
Fast shipping... Very good service
85% of all snakes are harmless!!!!
0:1 Super Hypo Leopard Gecko
God made everything... It's all to perfect for it to be able to just appear
reptile