Bearded Dragons in the Western Cape

Re: Bearded Dragons in the Western Cape

Postby MacAdder » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

TonyK wrote: Very interesting MacAdder ,what are the details of the rehab center? I would love to get involved, as long as it has nothing to do with the Cape Town SPCA.

Yeah I a similar pet dislike LoL. No the procedure has nothing to do with the SPCA. Contact me via my personal email address so I can fill you in with all the necessary details. smacadder@yahoo.com
MacAdder
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby AshSmulian » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:59 pm

atropos wrote:It's not a misunderstanding that they are invasive but the fact that they have the potential to become invasive.

There is NO confirmation that Bearded Dragons ARE invasive. I emailed Cape Nature and all they can tell me is " maybe, could be, possibly". They ban these little guys purely on the chance of them POSSIBLY being a threat. In my opinion, that is unfair. Especially for those who are educated in responsibly owning exotics.
1.0 Normal Ball Python

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
― Anatole France
AshSmulian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Clarkie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:14 pm

AshSmulian wrote:
atropos wrote:It's not a misunderstanding that they are invasive but the fact that they have the potential to become invasive.

There is NO confirmation that Bearded Dragons ARE invasive. I emailed Cape Nature and all they can tell me is " maybe, could be, possibly". They ban these little guys purely on the chance of them POSSIBLY being a threat. In my opinion, that is unfair. Especially for those who are educated in responsibly owning exotics.

I support your point entirely.

I wanted a beardie but cant cause its illegal, wanted a leopard gecko as well and thats also illegal. everything is illegal in cape town
Clarkie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Gohanlizard » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:23 pm

I'm not sure where to post this question so I'm just posting it here haha. I discovered today only that they are illegal in WC, and I really wanted one. But I refuse to own one illegally. Is there any reptile with a similiar size and moderate temper that someone could reccomend for me please?
Gohanlizard
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Bearded dragons (Pogona vitticeps)