Jumper (Jumping off my shoulder)

Jumper (Jumping off my shoulder)

Postby rolandrau » Thu May 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi Guys and Girls,

Skilly my 4month old beardie decided tonight that he would test out sky diving and took a flying leap off my shoulder. He must have hurt himself
in some way or another. He has clearly hurt his leg as he is now limping on the front left one while walking, the leg is not from what i can see broken
but he is clearly in pain from it.

Do you guys think there could be any other concerns? Should i rather just take him to the vet in the morning? I'm scared of anything he could have
hurt internally. Obviously he's pissed at me as well, never seen him as black as his beard went....

Thanks...

Roland
rolandrau
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Jumper (Jumping off my shoulder)

Postby iiviii » Thu May 19, 2011 9:42 pm

I would say go for it. Rather safe that sorry. Unless he seems perfectly fine in the morning in which case I would just keep a close eye on him.
There is no greater love than that shared between a human and a reptile - Author Unknown
iiviii
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Deem » Sat May 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Hey,

Any outcome?

Cheers
Deem
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandrau » Sun May 22, 2011 10:09 am

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply....

Good news is that we have a VET in the family, and one that focused specifically on reptiles :-)

Skilly is fine, he said he is in perfect health and doing very well. Said he has just bruised his leg and should be all good in about 2 weeks time. *SIGH OF RELIEF*

The only other thing he kind of insisted i do is build him an outside tank for the day time. Although his current tank is perfect the actual sunlight during the day
would be highly beneficial to him. I have been giving him about 30mins a day of actual sunlight but the more the merrier ... so i've built him another tank for
outside ... pics posted soon.

So now my spoilt little brat has 3 tanks all of his own, the normal day to day tank, a feeding tank, and now the outside tank :-)

Ciao

Roland
rolandrau
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Deem » Thu May 26, 2011 8:11 am

Very good to hear.

Look forward to seeing the pics :-)
Deem
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Bearded dragons (Pogona vitticeps)