Leopard Gecko's !!!!

Leopard Gecko's !!!!

Postby madcow » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:36 am

hello everyone

I just wanted to know at the X-pet show there was some juvenile/baby leopard gecko's up for grabs (wont mention the name BLING BLING you know who you are) Hint hint the were going for damn good price .. unfortunately icouldnt afford them then but for his weekend i can ..... can you please pm me on this matter since i would like to now if there are any left and would they be going a the same price .............. i really really really want to get one!! :D :D :D :D
Pasop vir die skerp kant!!!
madcow
SA Reptiles Member

Postby madcow » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:30 pm

can anyone please help me with an email adress for repti-pets !! or for Rahoel
madcow
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Spoon » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:44 pm

madcow wrote:can anyone please help me with an email adress for repti-pets !! or for Rahoel

sorry i dont know their email address but i know the phone number if that helps?

011 794 7794
Spoon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby madcow » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:32 pm

Thanks a mill Spoon .. ill try that since the email adress i have doesnt work
madcow
SA Reptiles Member

Postby madcow » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:52 am

Hi everyone

First off .....now that you know i am not a Chick (meet and greet @ the Expo was great)....

I managed to pick up two wild type leopard gecko's at the show..

The coolest part of saturday was the evening when the gecko's ate !!!
Both of them garbled on some mealworms one ate 2 and the other one 4

Now my concern is people say you must feed the gecko until he is full. what physical number are we talking about 2worms 5 crickets more or less ??? can anyone give me more or less a figure just so that i can know for their size (8cm ) that they had enough to eat.

last night i left 5 crickets in the cage (medium sized)or(quarters) and a few mealworms ... it looks like they ate 2 of the smaller crickets but left the bigger one's . i think the bigger crickets are too fast for them aswell... what can i do to "slow down" the crickets other than braking off their hind legs ...

The other thing is what time would be the best time to feed them i feed them in the evenings when they start to wake up since they are nocturnal and them leave some mealworms in the mornings for the day ... would this be ok ???? ( i leave dog pellet in the cage aswell so that the crickets chomp on that instead of the gecko's)

How long should i leave the crickets in the cage before i remove them ..?
madcow
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushbaby » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:05 am

Leave the crickets over night. Ensure that the crickets you are feeding are not too big as well. The leo's will eat till they full, so whatever they leave was either too big, or they had enough food.

I got 3 Leo's at the show yesterday, and they went moggy about the food aswell.
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby madcow » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:27 pm

Ok

They are probably still a bit stressed but i am sure things will turn out ok ...at least they are eating.. i think once they get into the habbit of eating there will be no stopping them..

exelent thanks a lot!! :D :D :D
madcow
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:21 pm

Crickets climbing over young geckos can stress them so try to tweezer feed each one as much as he wants and then leave a few mealworms for them if they want a snack during the night.

This way your geckos become very tame and you have far more interaction with them.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby paul » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:32 pm

When I feed my gecko's I only give them either crickets or mealworms. I normally put five crickets in the tub.

A nice tip that i can give you is to make the entrance to the humid hide on top of the container that you are using. This way the gecko can escape from the crickets if it does not eat them all at once. The crickets can also not just walk into the humid hide and stress the gecko out.
paul
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Leopard geckos (Eublepharis macularius)