Leopard Geckos & mealworms

Postby Bushviper » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:10 am

So it is not so much what you fed but how often you feed. Makes sense because the babies would be out hunting every night in the wild and dont have fat reserves to fall back on.

Thanks
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Stefan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:21 am

What are those pore/holes behind thefront leg?
Stefan
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Spikelet » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:31 am

Hi Stefan - sorry no ideas about the pores behind the front arm - no one seems to mention them or have pics of them so maybe they just are :?: :-?

I was wondering what size crix to feed leos? Do they suffer from impaction issues like beardies? Is it possible to put an example pic up like this http://www.reptilerooms.com/forumtopic-8182.html :?:

the idiots guide to sizing crix :oops:
'We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner' Bilbo Baggins
Spikelet
SA Reptiles Member

Postby KYNAN » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:57 am

You need to be the judge.Ive had 1 month old leos taking 3/4 size crickets during the great cricket depression of 2005 when no other sizes were availible.I also have a 5 week old baby who started eating pinks.Use your own discretion with your animals ,dont let people dictate what sizes for what size animal
KYNAN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby scottishdragonkeeper » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:57 pm

Hi Guys, The pores as you put it are actually fat reserve glands and you can often see them as enlarged little sac like growths behind the front legs when the wee ones get really fat.
The Female Gecko below is Carrie the mom of the babies I posted last week and you can see the wee fat sacs in this pic...... well it is the best view of them that I have. This was just before the laying season. The second pic is of another female called Diamond.

Hope this helps.
scottishdragonkeeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby scottishdragonkeeper » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:59 pm

Oh I forgot to say. We feed mainly crickets but also give hoppers, mealworms and wax worms really occasionally
scottishdragonkeeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Spikelet » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:22 am

The Female Gecko below is Carrie the mom of the babies I posted last week ...

Hey, I did not give birth to babies last week :shock: - Cool Name ScottishDragon ;)

the human carrie :twisted:
'We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner' Bilbo Baggins
Spikelet
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Leopard geckos (Eublepharis macularius)