Leopard Gecho feeding time

Leopard Gecho feeding time

Postby saintsch » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:25 pm

I would like to know if it is normal for a 3 month old female to consume 10 mid size crickets in 4 minutes and still are surging her cage for more, what is the normal eating habits and how match must we give them, anything I seem to through in she eats and I am worried she is going to explode. What is the proper feeding times and how mutch should they eat per day?
saintsch
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mongoose » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:38 pm

I believe that if they can eat more, let them eat! I fed mine about every third day as much as it could eat, and gave a pinky once a month or so...
The best things come to those who flip rocks.
Mongoose
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Gabi » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:45 pm

It's pretty difficult to make a Leopard gecko fat on crickets. Especially a young one that's still growing. I read a while back that you can feed them as much as they'll eat within 10-15 minutes. I normally feed them one at a time until they don't want anymore.

You can feed her daily while she's still so young. Adult gecko's can be fed once every 2 days. The best time to feed them would be at dusk, when they're just starting to become active and try to feed them the same time every feeding.
Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Gabi
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Return to Leopard geckos (Eublepharis macularius)