Time Wasting

Time Wasting

Postby howard » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:16 am

Morning,

are any of you experiencing a lot of time wasters on whatsapp. They ask 3 million questions, then make an appointment to come and look........ and just don't keep it.

Let us know. I have started a record keeping of cell numbers to monitor. What do you think

Thanks
howard
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Time Wasting

Postby moe » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:48 am

Hi hope you dont mind me adding.

I've found alot of scams being posted in the classifieds as well i think we should start a page ofcourse with the permission of the admins on the forum to list numbers,emails,names of well scammers and time wasters?
moe
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ruan Stander » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:11 pm

There are a lot of dodgy ads lately but they are fairly easy to spot. Really only a waste of space.
Time wasters is an issue I've had, but you can simplify your life by working on a first come, first serve basis.
If someone wants you to keep an animal, they must pay a deposit, simple as that.

I've held back an animal one too many times only to get dropped at the last minute. A deposit solves this, or at least compensates you for the loss of potential buyers and the resources and time you used while holding it back, but most people won't spend money on a deposit and not pitch.

An issue that I've had quite a few times recently that really annoys the life out of me, is telling the seller that you will take the animal and are willing to pay a deposit, however when contacted the next day or so you get told that it has been sold to someone else. Some also just go silent and never get back to you. I find this really unprofessional and a fast way of earning a bad reputation.
The way to success has no shortcuts.
Ruan Stander
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:36 pm

I get this a lot as well. A number of snakes were recently kept back for specific clients and then suddenly they had to sell their own stock before they could buy from me ...... and so the sob stories go on. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt but only once. After that even if you are driving to come fetch the animal and someone else pitches up to take it I will sms you that it is gone.

Same with orders for snakes that I import. I recently had someone change his order two weeks before the shipment left which really embarrasses me with the exporter and then the last snake was cancelled after the shipment had left the US. I remember these people and next time the price goes up and they have to pay full in advance.

You cannot put up their names on a website because they might have a genuine reason but over time we all have our own databases which are like Santa's naughty list.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Ruan Stander » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Well said Bushviper.
That's exactly it.
The way to success has no shortcuts.
Ruan Stander
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Leopard geckos (Eublepharis macularius)