Sick gecko

Sick gecko

Postby ncgoodall » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:38 pm

Looks like two of my female geckos had a fight. One lost her tail but that is now healing after shedding. The problem is she had what looked like scabs around the top of her mouth and possibly an infection in her eyes as she doesn't want to open them. We used a damp cotton wool bud and got some gunk out of her eyes which helped briefly but her eyes are shut again. She is about to start shedding again so I'm wondering if that might help get stuff out of her eyes or make it worse?
ncgoodall
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Sick gecko

Postby immaculate geckos » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:02 am

take it to a vet. he will advise you better and give you antibiotic cream to clear the infection in the eyes. in my experience it takes months for eyes to recover completely.

If I may ask what kind of gecko is it. usually when introducing geckos together i watch them for about 15 min for signs of aggression male or female. sometimes bigger ones bully smaller ones. I also use forceps and hand feed each gecko to prevent fighting and make sure they all getting enough food. if you have allot of geckos this takes a while.... probably takes an hour and a half each day to sort out my geckos.
immaculate geckos
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Sick gecko

Postby ncgoodall » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:52 am

Ok thanks. They are two females and have been together without any problems for about 4 months before this. They are separate again now.
ncgoodall
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Leopard geckos (Eublepharis macularius)