ALBINO SEA TURTLES

Aligators, caimen, crocodiles, terrapins, tortoises and turtles exotic to South Africa.

Re: ALBINO SEA TURTLES

Postby Bushviper » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:15 am

Westley albinos have no scientific value so pickling one would not serve a purpose.

Herphabitat I have seen a number of places that can keep these turtles going and some areas raise them for a while before releasing them. The trick seems to be that they must swim and swim so placing them in a circular plastic pool with a pump which moves the water a bit seems to work for them. Even places like Sri Lanka and Cost Rica can keep quite a few alive and then take them beyond the breakwaters to release them. In Florida they also "head started" a number of the turtles hatched after the oil spill and had reasonable success.

Is there any possibility that you could practice on some normals on the off chance that you find albinos again? The monetary value of a specimen like that could fund your project for many many years.

I would equate that to hatching an albino centipede eater. You know you cannot keep it but your heart tells you to try. Then your brain says "do the right thing".
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby crimson king » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Great finds! I'm wondering what chance they have with that coloring....likely less than the normals, which is already not good..
:Mark
crimson king
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jmilton088 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Mitton wrote:Really amazing, I also wonder about maybe keeping a couple back but you guys probably don't have the facilities to keep any?

they are experts i thing...because pics show their expertise. :smt006
[url=http://karachifoods.com/english_foods]english recipes[/url]
jmilton088
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Exotic chelonians and crocodilians