Help

Help

Postby Dazed » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:31 am

Hi there. Im looking to get a chameleon for my girlfriend. She is really obsessed with them so I need help on where to get them preferably and if someone has a care sheet or info that would help about feeding, caging etc I would really appreciate it. :)
Newby...
Dazed
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Help

Postby Jen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:53 am

Hi there
I would highly recommend getting David Hagget's book - you can order it online: http://www.mantispress.co.za/ I have it & it has all the information that you need. It isn't expensive - R220 including postage. Many care sheets are designed for Europe / USA whereas this book is specifically for South African keepers. I haven't got my chameleons yet, but I bought the book recently and can highly recommend it.
You can buy chameleons all over Jhb I'm sure, but take a look at http://www.sa-chameleons.com/
Good luck!
1.1.0 Epicrates cenchria cenchria
1.1.0 Corallus hortulanus
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus
1.1.0 Trimeresurus puniceus
2.2.0 Trimeresurus albolabris
Jen
SA Reptiles Member

Postby chamcode » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:20 am

Hi there

I agree with Jen. You will also be able to find this book at Wordsworth, Exclusive Books, Reptilians and some other pet shops. Although David is currently in South Africa, he is traveling and it might be better to try and find a copy at one of the aforementioned sellers. A good person to contact with regards to buying a veiled chameleon is Denis Quick, who manages Paradise Pets in Fourways. You can pm me for more details if you wish. All the best!
chamcode
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Gooey Toes » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:32 pm

There is a forum on caresheets maybe they have something there. ;) Good luck :)
Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ , who gives me strength.
Gooey Toes
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chameleon Company » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:42 pm

check your PM dazed. i have books for sale on chameleon husbandry, breeding etc...
2:2 Pseudaspis cana
1:2 Dasypeltis scabra

And yes they are all on permit.
Chameleon Company
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Veiled chameleons (Chamaeleo calyptratus)