My first Michigan snake species...

Accounts and photos of non-captive reptiles in their natural habitat outside of South Africa. Try to record with your account details such as time of day/night, temperature, weather conditions, lunar cycle, sex, rough age of reptile, and so on.

View Gallery

Re: My first Michigan snake species...

Postby croteseeker » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks, Froot. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...The level of symmetry between some of our species and yours is staggering. And yes, it is quite nice here when the snow melts.

The other day, we got a pretty severe thunderstorm. When the rain had slowed a bit, I thought that maybe the downpour had driven some of the snakes above ground. I could not have been more correct. A walk down to the swamps earned me a lifer turtle, and a quick trip through one of my board lines netted me fifteen garters, three red-bellies, and a lifer DeKay's Brown snake. If I can get my computer to stay on for a few more minutes (my son knocked it on the floor, killing the fan), I'll try and post some photos.
" a squat, scaly worm with, 'don't touch,' on one end and, 'that's why,' on the other."

-Thomas Palmer
croteseeker
SA Reptiles Member

Re: My first Michigan snake species...

Postby croteseeker » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Red-bellied snake (Storeria occipitomaculat occipitomaculata)

DSCF0476 by crotalus_cerberus83, on Flickr

DSCF0436 by crotalus_cerberus83, on Flickr

DeKay's Brown snake (Storeria dekayi)

DSCF0457 by crotalus_cerberus83, on Flickr

And finally, the Wood turtle (Glyptemys insculpta)

DSCF0351 by crotalus_cerberus83, on Flickr

DSCF0384 by crotalus_cerberus83, on Flickr

DSCF0361 by crotalus_cerberus83, on Flickr
" a squat, scaly worm with, 'don't touch,' on one end and, 'that's why,' on the other."

-Thomas Palmer
croteseeker
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Exotic reptile observation records