Etosha Leguaan

Agamas, geckos, lizards, monitors and skinks indigenous to South Africa.

View Gallery

Etosha Leguaan

Postby Warren Klein » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:37 pm

We recently went touring Namibia and while in Etosha I found a baby Varanus albigularis running around Okaukuejo camp. Quite a speckled specimen compared to the ones I'm used to seeing in lowveld of RSA. I managed to get a few shots of this little guy in front of the water hole before sending him on his way again.

An inaccurate naturalist is a pest and a danger, forever perpetuating illogical deductions and landing later naturalists in trouble. Damm and blast them all to hell in the most painful way. C.J.P. Ionides
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Etosha Leguaan

Postby Mitton » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 am

Nice one! That last pic is great.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Ruan Stander » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Cute little guy.
I think a number of species with such wide distributions differ quite substantially on a genetic level.
The way to success has no shortcuts.
Ruan Stander
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Nice find and nice pics too. Where else did you end up visiting?

My wife and I went to Okaukuejo in December and we were terribly disappointed. Scenes and wildlife were amazing and rooms were fine too, just the service was cr@p. Will do self-catering next time we go there.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Warren Klein » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks guys,

We had quite a busy schedule and visited the following places that I can remember, Otjiwarongo ; Outjo; Waterberg plateau; Etosha; Twyfelfontein; Damaraland; Swakopmund, Walvisbay; Solitaire; Sossusvlei and back to Windhoek. Next time I hope to get to up to Caprivi strip and also down south to the Fish River Canyon. There is so much to see and the places are far apart, one could spend months exploring and not cover it all.

Our experience of Okaukuejo was quite good and it was actually my favorite camp. Maybe just because you can sit in front of the water hole with a six pack of Windhoek and wait for the wildlife to come to you ha-ha. I have had far worse or even nonexistent service in the Kruger before. Over all it was a great holiday!
An inaccurate naturalist is a pest and a danger, forever perpetuating illogical deductions and landing later naturalists in trouble. Damm and blast them all to hell in the most painful way. C.J.P. Ionides
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Indigenous lizards