Brown House Snakes [permits]

Brown House Snakes [permits]

Postby Spoon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:55 am

How difficult would it be to get a pair of these on permit? And does anyone have captive bred ones?
Spoon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:33 am

Spoon it is pretty straight forward depending n which province you live in. Not posting your full information makes this kind of advice difficult because each province has different rules.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Spoon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:41 am

Bushviper wrote:Spoon it is pretty straight forward depending n which province you live in. Not posting your full information makes this kind of advice difficult because each province has different rules.

I'm in gauteng in johannesburg :oops:
Spoon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Ah okay. Join any of the Herp associations and there will be people breeding them and trying to get rid of babies. They are bred in their hundreds and almost always available.

These can be transfered to a permit with the minimum of effort. The procedure is explained under the Herp assoc. thread.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Spoon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Bushviper wrote:These can be transfered to a permit with the minimum of effort. The procedure is explained under the Herp assoc. thread.

Cool I suppose the closest one is the THA? Does anyone breed the different colour morphs of BHS?
Corns : 1.1 Adult Normals het Anery, 0.1 Adult Normal, 1.1 Adult Ghosts (Striped & Aztec), 1.1 Ghost motley het Snow, 1.1 Adult Lavender, 1.1 Adult Opal, 1.1 Adult Amel Motley, 1.1 Bloodreds Het Pewter, Phantom & Hypo; 1.1 Butter; Adult 0.1 Vanishing Stripe; 0.1 Snow. Pythons : 1.1 Ball Pythons
Spoon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mellivora » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Any one interested I have a fair number of captive bred hatchlings available - no colour morphs but some pattern variations likely.

PM me if you want more info.
Mellivora
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Brown house snakes (Lamprophis (Boaedon) capensis)